General Colin Powell Interview

Former Secretary of State, Gen. Colin Powell, touches on several items of current interest during his recent interview with George Stephanopoulos. Among the topics of discussion included the General's reflections on the current state of race relations in America as well as the recent State Department email controversy.

Interesting stuff!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/colin-po...133621825.html
Very interesting. Of course it will be lost on any of the usual suspects
He didn't save any of his emails.
He didn't save any of his emails. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Stand by for the uproar!
  • Old-T
  • 03-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Former Secretary of State, Gen. Colin Powell, touches on several items of current interest during his recent interview with George Stephanopoulos. Among the topics of discussion included the General's reflections on the current state of race relations in America as well as the recent State Department email controversy.

Interesting stuff!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/colin-po...133621825.html Originally Posted by bigtex
That is someone I would have voted FOR if I had had the chance.
That is someone I would have voted FOR if I had had the chance. Originally Posted by Old-T
I disagreed with him on the Spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq but not much else.

I could be persuaded to vote for him, whether he ran as a Republican or Democrat.
Austin Reacharound Crew Unite! Originally Posted by bigtex
FTFY
FTFY Originally Posted by gnadfly
Smelly ol' Turdfly Crew Unite!

Leave it to you to take a story about civil rights, how far we've come, etc., and instead make it about bush. Nobody is stoking any fires. Those fires burn quite well fueled only by ignorance. Just FYI, he was in the photo on the front page of my newspaper. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
So, if Colin Powell got away with it, we must let Hillary get away with it, too. Regardless of intervening laws and protocols.
Powell is political toast.

He lost my respect along time ago.

bigtex/I'va
Powell is political toast.

He lost my respect along time ago.

bigtex/I'va
2016 Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
That settles it!

If Lama is agin' him, the General's got my vote!

Now if we can just persuade him to run!

As for the BT/I'va ticket, we've decided to wait until 2020!
I agree with 99 % of what General said in this particular interview.The one thing I disagree with him on is his statement that he always voted for the most qualified candidate.

How can he say that with a straight face, since he has admitted to voting for one of the least qualified men to ever hold the Office, President Obama.

Just admit you voted for him because he is Black and quit with the stupid charade.
Very interesting. Of course it will be lost on any of the usual suspects Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Apparently you missed the part where Powell said that young black men shouldn't argue with or assault police officers, you "#Grubered" Odumbo Minion.
I agree with 99 % of what General said in this particular interview.The one thing I disagree with him on is his statement that he always voted for the most qualified candidate. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Apparently, the General has a different set of standards than you!

Does that make his standards wrong and yours right?

Not necessarily!
Apparently, the General has a different set of standards than you!

Does that make his standards wrong and yours right?

Not necessarily! Originally Posted by bigtex
You know what I think of President Obama. I have made no secret that I believe he is nothing more than a smarmy Demagogue who was good at getting elected, but soon found himself overwhelmed, and simply resorts to year around campaigning, because that's all he knows.

Just because General Powell was so gullible as to fall for this act does not change things.