Some time off

• Bubba
  • 05-20-2010, 03:44 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that I have decided to take some time away from my duties as an ECCIE Staff Member. Nothing is wrong with me or my family. (Well there is this twitch....LOL!)

As members of this wonderful site you deserve staff members that can respond to your questions/needs on a timely basis. I don't feel I can do that right now so I am taking time off from my duties as a Moderator. If things change in the next couple of months I may return to the staff.....who knows! (Assuming you want me back.....LOL!!)

I will still be looking at the board and maybe posting once in a while but I will not be performing any staff related duties.

Keep in mind that since I am not leaving ECCIE completely I will still answer emails and PMs but not as a Moderator and probably not as quickly as I have in while on staff.

I know I am leaving you in good hands with Omahan. Please understand that he, like all of the staff members, is a volunteer. He does this job because he wants to contribute. Omahan's already heavy workload is obviously about to increase. Please be patient and continue to show him the same respect you have graced me with both here on ECCIE and on ASPD.

Please refer all of your questions/concerns to Omahan.

Thank you,

Bubba
Your kind and humble.....friend!
take it easy.
Bubba no one will miss your steady hand more than I do. You showed me the ropes and taught me a lot. As far as I'm concerned you're the only SUPER moderator on ECCIE - or anywhere else. I will be so glad to see you back in a few months if things work out for you that way.
Damn! You mean we're stuck with O? We're screwed!

JK Big O. But just couldn't resist.

Bubba, never had much chance to really meet and talk with you, but I've enjoyed watching you over the years handle the various issues on the boards. I have a lot of respect for the evenhanded way you've dealt with everyone. Best wishes. I hope to see you back online soon.
Good luck and good health! Thanks for all that you have done and will continue to contribute.
Eveything that's been said thus far + 1000!!

Hopefully everything works out for you and we see a return of your name next to Omahan's real soon.
Glad to hear that you're still going to be around Bubba. I'm sure your rest is well deserved.
hell he could read my writing
Bubba, I do hope this is only temporary. Omahan is right that you are the only super mod and I have enjoyed the pleasure of your service to the hobby community over the years.
Good luck buddy and hope to see ya around here soon.
Geez, sorry Bubba. Was it my fault?
We will miss you, hope you can make it back. Yea, COG as soon as you find us Bubba leaves us? Coincidence?
No, no, no. You can't do this without a lot of drama. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of us.

Seriously, I understand. Enjoy the rest and freedom.

It's important to take a break while you still have your sanity and perspective.
See, COG comes back and Bubba leaves . . . it IS COG's fault!

Kisses,

- Jackie
  • Bubba
  • 05-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am not going completely away from the board I am simply taking some time away from moderating.

Everything is usually COG's fault but in this case I figured that with COG back it was safe for me to take some time off. With COG and Cheaper keeping everyone entertained Omahan shouldn't get hammered too bad handling everthing by himself!!

Have a great day!!