Sixth street recommendation for this weekend?

Direct me to a good time in ATX. I know you guys don't let me down ☺️
Not to be a colossal wet blanket, but I personally avoid 6th St. like a plague, particularly at night. It's like the worst combination of Bourbon St. and Mission St.

- crackheads all over the sidewalk
- pickpockets
- gross looking bars with sub-par drink menus
- tourists behaving badly
- APD in the area act like the East German Stasi

There's some alright stuff on S. Congress, but really the best stuff in the area is outside of downtown. Personally, I'm partial to a roadtrip to Fredericksburg, hitting the wineries, breweries, and distilleries on the way.
Sixth street is very near the homeless shelter which is a must see!
I make the pilgrimage to 6th street every couple of years for some music. Then the drunks and atmosphere keeps me away until I forget just how bad it is...
so are you interested in getting mugged, or prefer a fun week with covid-19? either is readily available.. The only people you'll find on 6th are tourists and students , oh yeah, and homeless looking for an easy score.
crackheads all over the sidewalk
- pickpockets
- gross looking bars with sub-par drink menus
- tourists behaving badly
- APD in the area act like the East German Stasi
So sad to hear that!!!
Used to frequent the downtown clubs every weekend back in the day and it was a blast. It used to be so calm and friendly.

Toulouse, Maggie May's Pete's Piano Bar, Cedar Street Bar, Lizard Lounge (Later Polyester), Enzo's to name a few.
So sad to hear that!!!
Used to frequent the downtown clubs every weekend back in the day and it was a blast. It used to be so calm and friendly.

Toulouse, Maggie May's Pete's Piano Bar, Cedar Street Bar, Lizard Lounge (Later Polyester), Enzo's to name a few. Originally Posted by casa-nova
Used to be a bouncer next door to Toulouse when I was at U.T. I remember all of those bars. It was very different back then. They hadnt started closing the street off yet to car traffic.
Sixth street is very near the homeless shelter which is a must see! Originally Posted by winn dixie
LOL!

Well, in San Antonio, St. Mary's street was the hot spot with the college crowd until a shooting. Suffered greatly. Was a shame because it had a great rep like 6th back in the day. Haven't been there of late.
Avoid Down town at all costs it’s not safe and it’s dirty as hell