Eros Guide popup

What's with this Eros Guide popup that's showing up when I click on a forum to view it?
That would be Eros guide and we do not control them or their use of pop ups. I clicked it and it does give you the ability to opt out from future pop ups.
I am having HUGE PROBLEM with this!!
It started 3 days ago & I have pm'd mods because the moment it happened , it stopped loading the forum page.... Just a little tiny # 11 in the left corner.
The eros ad keeps popping up, even though I have a blocker running.
Its like Im being hijacked!

I haven't gotten any help yet & was thinking it was just me.

I've done everything I can think of here on my side, but no luck.

Here the weirdest part, I can click on a thread thats open & posted to the right of the forum name, it will load that thread,, But when I click on the forum itself to see all the threads, it only loads the ads with the 11 in the body of the page.

My SO is an eng/tech & thinks it is a bad java script somewhere here.

Im going nuts cause I cant get into ANY forums & can only see & get to this one because it was open.

PLEASE HELP MODS..ADMINS.. hell even a member who knows how to fix this would be a GREAT help to me

Thankfully I can still email here but can't place an ad though

Glad its not just me & hoping a person of knowledge & authority can help solve this ASAP
Am I understanding this correctly? Eros has hijacked Eccie, and there is nothing you can do about it?
If you log in first the popup does not appear.
install adblock plus as an add-on if you can. I have it installed on firefox.

Then when it pops up, you can right click it and select it to block that. Then you won't get it any longer.
It is my understanding eccie implemented the pop ups for "per click" revenue with eros and another site. Best thing to do is download a good pop up blocker program.
install adblock plus as an add-on if you can. I have it installed on firefox.

Then when it pops up, you can right click it and select it to block that. Then you won't get it any longer. Originally Posted by still-asleep
This will work too!
it wont work here. What am I doing wrong?
Am I understanding this correctly? Eros has hijacked Eccie, and there is nothing you can do about it? Originally Posted by Dewalt1950
Good question.
help!!!! I'm drowning in pop ups!!!
Install a pop up blocker....

:-)
This is BS. I paid my membership and now have to deal with this. Another good site going down the drain.
  • savak
  • 09-10-2012, 09:33 PM
I thought I was the only one with this issue.

The funny thing is that I only see the Eros pop up ad when I navigate this site on my android phone, but not when I'm on my windows based pc. I admit I do use fire fox, and of course I don't know much about pop-up blocker aps with the Droid website navigator for phones
  • ~Ze~
  • 09-11-2012, 05:12 AM
I am still getting popups from Eros and Sexsomethingorother while using my Ipad. Can't install ad-block on there can I?