learning BDSM

The past few years I have experimented with BDSM. I really enjoy it. I want to learn more, also correct techniques. Any suggestions, like reading material ect.

Thanks,
Jess
join fetlife and then go to Austin groups and find the beginners group called voyagers and go to their monthly meetings for newbies. also for a more advanced and larger group SAADE and GWNN are local Austin groups that have monthly meetings and welcome newbies. for more of an emphasis on bondage the group what knot is great and friendly. the kink community is well organized, friendly and has meetings going on weekly in Austin Texas where i think you live. if I am mistaken and you're not in austin still join fetlfe go to the groups for your town and find some organized meetings and attend. or....you could just hang out with me and watch, grasshopper.
join fetlife and then go to Austin groups and find the beginners group called voyagers and go to their monthly meetings for newbies. also for a more advanced and larger group SAADE and GWNN are local Austin groups that have monthly meetings and welcome newbies. for more of an emphasis on bondage the group what knot is great and friendly. the kink community is well organized, friendly and has meetings going on weekly in Austin Texas where i think you live. if I am mistaken and you're not in austin still join fetlfe go to the groups for your town and find some organized meetings and attend. or....you could just hang out with me and watch, grasshopper. Originally Posted by sue_nami
Thank you very much ! I truly appreciate ALL of the info !!
Ditto what sue_nami said!
Definitely fetlife is a great place to learn and connect. Stuff you may never have heard about just search and you will find groups and people into it. No other website like it.
Thank you very much ! I truly appreciate ALL of the info !! Originally Posted by TexasJess
If you go back years in this forum, you will find a wealth of information including a reading list.

Books on BDSM tend to stay popular for a long time since books about this topic is a rather limited resource.

If I find the link, I'll post it here for you.

But otherwise, before this forum morphed a little bit, there were a lot of life style folks in here that contributed. A lot of them have gone in a different direction, though.

Hence, a lot of good info in older topics. Some great info, actually.

Research!!!

Good luck!
Elisabeth
Jess,

I believe this was the first topic that I ever started in here.

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=20049&highlight=

If you go back several years ... you'll find some interesting topics.

Also, I found that my clients taught me much (if not most) of what I've learned over the years.

Ask them to teach you!!! And then, separate the wheat from the chaff.
although I have not read this, I have heard positive comments from people who already have an established base in BDSM so might be a win?

https://www.amazon.com/365-Days-Kink.../dp/1981830359
Jess,

I believe this was the first topic that I ever started in here.

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=20049&highlight=

If you go back several years ... you'll find some interesting topics.

Also, I found that my clients taught me much (if not most) of what I've learned over the years.

Ask them to teach you!!! And then, separate the wheat from the chaff. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Thank you very much for all of the info. It has been very interesting. Im excited about new adventures !
Each person's perception on the subject is different.
What you think is BDSM may not be what I think it is.
It's best to start out with someone else who doesn't know either, then plan and execute the plan to fit your needs.
I have been with a BDSM chick that was pretty hardcore. I told her what I wouldn't do, had a code word, then went in for the fun, I was drunk.
WOW. WTF did I get myself into? She was very experienced for her age. She did things to me that I never ever thought I would do.
I went along with everything, cause I was drinking and thought, what the hell, I'll try that.

Next day, hung over and had some area's of my body that were still feeling the pain from the evening before.

I wrote a review of her on here.
Find a dungeon with a pro domme willing to train
Try reading screw the Roses, send me the Thorns by Miller and Devon and for heavier reading try different loving, the sexual world of dominance and submission by Gloria Brame.