Mazars says Trump's “Statements of Financial Condition from 2011-2020 can no longer be relied on" and must be retracted.

Fleecing a sinking shit?

Or something like that.
Trying to protect themselves from lawsuits is what it appears.
  • Tiny
  • 02-15-2022, 06:17 AM
Trying to protect themselves from lawsuits is what it appears. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Lawsuits and criminal prosecution. They said they have a conflict of interest, which probably means they think the New York attorney general may go after them too. Mazars doesn’t want to end up like Arthur Anderson. It went bankrupt and a lot of people lost their jobs after the feds got them with criminal charges. Arthur Anderson was Enron’s accounting firm.
Lawsuits and criminal prosecution. They said they have a conflict of interest, which probably means they think the New York attorney general may go after them too. Mazars doesn’t want to end up like Arthur Anderson. It went bankrupt and a lot of people lost their jobs after the feds got them with criminal charges. They were Enron’s accounting firm Originally Posted by Tiny
And SCOTUS threw Andersons case out. Too late for them. The damage was done. Andrew Weisman at his finest.

https://www.npr.org/2005/05/31/46739...sen-conviction
  • Tiny
  • 02-15-2022, 06:51 AM
And SCOTUS threw Andersons case out. Too late for them. The damage was done. Andrew Weisman at his finest.

https://www.npr.org/2005/05/31/46739...sen-conviction Originally Posted by bambino
Eighty five thousand people lost their jobs when Arthur Anderson was forced to close after the criminal conviction. And 1700 partners lost their investments in the firm. I don’t know whether Arthur Anderson’s creditors also went after their personal assets. The whole thing was a travesty.

Perhaps this could happen to the Trump Organization. I don’t know whether Trump deserves a slap on the wrist or a year or two in the big house. A lot of people cheat on their property taxes and lie to their banks and nothing comes of it. But some small number are prosecuted. And the balance of power is in favor of the prosecutor. Undoubtedly Trump has violated laws he didn’t even know existed. All of us have. And in New York I imagine Leticia James can find a court and jurors that will do whatever she wants.
Eighty five thousand people lost their jobs when Arthur Anderson was forced to close after the criminal conviction. And 1700 partners lost their investments in the firm. I don’t know whether Arthur Anderson’s creditors also went after their personal assets. The whole thing was a travesty.

Perhaps this could happen to the Trump Organization. I don’t know whether Trump deserves a slap on the wrist or a year or two in the big house. A lot of people cheat on their property taxes and lie to their banks and nothing comes of it. But some small number are prosecuted. And the balance of power is in favor of the prosecutor. Undoubtedly Trump has violated laws he didn’t even know existed. All of us have. And in New York I imagine Leticia James can find a court and jurors that will do whatever she wants. Originally Posted by Tiny
it should happen to perkins cooie

and the clinton foundation

trump didnt do anything but what they all do

try to lessen his property tax bills

the cpa firm said they couldn't identify any one thing incorrect, but that the climate (politcal?) is bad:

"in the letter, Mazars noted that the firm had not “as a whole” found material discrepancies between the information the Trump Organization provided and the actual value of Mr. Trump’s assets. But given what it called “the totality of circumstances,” " they were bailing

when is the DA going after hellary for fraud and spying and every other lying thing she did against the trump campaign?

it happened in NY

oh never huh?

its all a political persecution which i once thought was not allowed in america
  • Tiny
  • 02-15-2022, 07:04 AM
it should happen to perkins cooie

and the clinton foundation

trump didnt do anything but what they all do

try to lessen his property tax bills

the cpa firm said they couldn't identify any one thing incorrect, but that the climate is (politcal?) is bad:

n the letter, Mazars noted that the firm had not “as a whole” found material discrepancies between the information the Trump Organization provided and the actual value of Mr. Trump’s assets. But given
what it called “the totality of circumstances,” they were bailing Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
This probably should be a civil matter. The counties and municipalities should go after underpaid taxes. IF any banks lost money because of fluffed up financial statements they’d have claims against the Trump organization and/or Mazars too. Maybe the AG should help them, but probably not with criminal charges.

But unfortunately our politicians have chosen to give the prosecutors inordinate powers. For example, they created murky laws that people violate without knowing it. And if you want to fight back and don’t agree to a plea to lesser charges, the legal fees will bankrupt you.

Perhaps this could happen to the Trump Organization. I don’t know whether Trump deserves a slap on the wrist or a year or two in the big house. A lot of people cheat on their property taxes and lie to their banks and nothing comes of it. But some small number are prosecuted. And the balance of power is in favor of the prosecutor. Undoubtedly Trump has violated laws he didn’t even know existed. All of us have. And in New York I imagine Leticia James can find a court and jurors that will do whatever she wants. Originally Posted by Tiny
As I said, SCOTUS overturned the case. Weisman should have disbarred for prosecutorial misconduct. Just like the Soros AG in NY.
T The counties and municipalities should go after underpaid taxes. IF any banks lost money because of fluffed up financial statements they’d have claims against the Trump organization and/or Mazars too.
Originally Posted by Tiny
mazars said the financials werent puffed up

so the issue then becomes the property tax valuation

and the taxing authorities had their fair shot at that every year

there are no unpaid taxes because of valuation

property in texas is taxed at a value, supposedly fair market value, and when it sells, the sales price is invariably more

this is as fake as the impeachments were or the russian hoax was

as fake as the dimocrats and their news media
Trumpites are always eager to grab any crumb that might benefit one of their many conspiracy theories.

Yet here,when an accounting firm resigns, and advises 10 years of financial statements should not be used....they start to whine in a different direction.

The blindness of the cult.
What Aboutism and the 5 Ds of dumbassery.

Time to turn it off
  • Tiny
  • 02-15-2022, 08:05 AM
mazars said the financials werent puffed up

so the issue then becomes the property tax valuation

and the taxing authorities had their fair shot at that every year

there are no unpaid taxes because of valuation

property in texas is taxed at a value, supposedly fair market value, and when it sells, the sales price is invariably more

this is as fake as the impeachments were or the russian hoax was

as fake as the dimocrats and their news media Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
As to Mazars, I’m not sure that’s right. You can make your own judgement: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...nt/p2/a2081376

Based on what’s come out so far, the Trump organization reported different numbers for occupancy rates, revenues and expenses to their lenders versus the property taxing authority for 40 Wall Street and the Trump International Hotel and Tower, presumably to make the properties look more valuable to the lenders and less valuable to the tax appraiser.
... The accounting firm can surely say whatever they please.

Though if THEY did the accounting - and it's wrong - then they
bear the consequences of their work.

The Trump Foundation has barristers also.

#### Salty
As to Mazars, I’m not sure that’s right. You can make your own judgement: [/url]
Originally Posted by Tiny
From the NY Times yesterday

In the letter, Mazars noted that the firm had not “as a whole” found material discrepancies between the information the Trump Organization provided and the actual value of Mr. Trump’s assets. But given what it called “the totality of circumstances,” the letter directed the Trump Organization to notify anyone who received the statements that they should no longer rely on them.