Apologies For Hate Speach.

Yeah, I get the concept of forgiveness, but I have a hard time with people who forst state something they think is trendy then try to unsay it when it blows back on them.

Just a week or so ago it was Susan Sarandon.

Most recently it was the Prtesident of Harvard.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harvard-p...170824767.html

When you testify under oath, then take it back outside, there should be some accountability. . . .perjury comes to mind.

"The moving finger writes,
and having writ moves on.
Not all your piety or wit
can lure it back to cancel half a line,
nor all your tears wash away a word of it."

Omar Khayam
Although the chants for the genocide of Jews is obviously unacceptable. Antisemitic hate speech isn't exclusive to only Jews. A Semite is basically defined as "Any group of people who speak a Semitic Language. Semitic languages are Arabic, Amharic, Tigrinya, Hebrew and Aramaic. People of Syria, Israel, Iraq, Iran,Lebanon and Ethiopia are Semitic people. So those that advocate the genocide of Palestinians are also Antisemitic. Those that insult or bully Rashida tlaib and ilham omar are antisemitic. So this Antisemitic exclusivity associated with only Jews is bullshit.
Although the chants for the genocide of Jews is obviously unacceptable. Antisemitic hate speech isn't exclusive to only Jews. A Semite is basically defined as "Any group of people who speak a Semitic Language. Semitic languages are Arabic, Amharic, Tigrinya, Hebrew and Aramaic. People of Syria, Israel, Iraq, Iran,Lebanon and Ethiopia are Semitic people. So those that advocate the genocide of Palestinians are also Antisemitic. Those that insult or bully Rashida tlaib and ilham omar are antisemitic. So this Antisemitic exclusivity associated with only Jews is bullshit. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I call bullshit on that Levi.

Please show examples of where anti-Syrian language is called anti-Semitic?
Iranians are actually Aryan by racial origin.
Ethiopians? Show us!

You need to put down the dictionary and use some common sense, dude
You may be correct with your discussion, but that is not what antisemitic speech refers to in conversation today, or what it is understood to mean.

3 university professors were called before Congress, and this is what took place. They all said basically the same thing. Now there are requests for her to step down. What exactly should she have said - make a long discussion about free speech on campus ?

"During the hearing, Magill was repeatedly asked if calling for the genocide of Jewish people would violate her university's rules on bullying and harassment.

"If the speech turns into conduct, it can be harassment," Magill answered."
I call bullshit on that Levi.

Please show examples of where anti-Syrian language is called anti-Semitic?
Iranians are actually Aryan by racial origin.
Ethiopians? Show us!

You need to put down the dictionary and use some common sense, dude Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You're not going to find any examples because it's been ingrained that Antisemitism is exclusive to the Jews. But Syrians, Iranians, Iraqis, Lebanese and Israelis are all Semitic people. In America one can insult Arabs all they want and not be called Antisemitic because Jews have a corner on that term which doesn't really make any sense since Jews are not the only Semitic people. Besides Jews call non Jews Goyim which is a derogatory term which incites hatred which they would never apologize for. So this women has no obligation to apologize to anyone and step down from her post.
You don't seem to have a clue what the word antisemitic means in current conversations
You don't seem to have a clue what the word antisemitic means in current conversations Originally Posted by VitaMan
Or much else. I’d opine that the fact that Levi is constantly trying to minimize or normalize antisemitism is telling.
I’ve been takin the saw pametto and piegeeum but I still have a touch of the anti-semen-tic when I cum. Can y’all loan me $ for a HDH today and I’ll pay you on Tuesday.

A well reviewed HDH should get my juices flowin again.
Or much else. I’d opine that the fact that Levi is constantly trying to minimize or normalize antisemitism is telling. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
... I don't believe THAT is what he's doing.

Levi is giving his-own OPINION on the matter.
Are we NOT looking for opinions here??

... I also think it's funny to see Hollywood "stars"
as well as politicians and business officials
all have to issue retractions and apology
when they say something that doesn't fit the
current society narrative.

#### Salty
You don't seem to have a clue what the word antisemitic means in current conversations Originally Posted by VitaMan
I know what it means currently. But it's inaccurate. This whole investigation of Antisemitism at Harvard is based on a Banner being flown over campus stating "Harvard Hates Jews". Later it was found out that a group who supports Jewish students hired a pilot to fly the banner. I don't call that Antisemitism or Jewish Genocide. What incident or incidences are they referring too as the calling of Jewish Genocide Besides it wasn't done by a hate group but rather a group supporting Jews on campus? Who ever this group is they should be reprimanded for insinuating Antisemitism. This was probably done because many students are supportive of Palestine and they have that right.

https://news.yahoo.com/plane-harvard...021517276.html
There is a grain of truth that it is not good when a situation becomes fearful if you say anything derogatory about ...xxxx.....even constructive criticism may be a thing of the past. If you mention anything negative about the Anti Defamation League, you are in for a battle.

Even on this board, you could find yourself with points.

Fuzzy Zoeller found out the hard way when he made a joke that didn't go down well. It cost him millions in endorsements.

The Media can destroy you. Tucker Carlson destroyed Ray Epps....and it doesn't look like an apology is forthcoming.

Who was that Hollywood gossip columnist back in the 1920s that could wreck Hollywood careers with a column or 2 ? Only now, people can destroy themselves by opening their big mouths on social media. Except maybe Trump, who seems to be able to say anything, and gets more popular.
Or much else. I’d opine that the fact that Levi is constantly trying to minimize or normalize antisemitism is telling. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Antisemitism has taken on a life of it's own,that's what's telling.
There is a grain of truth that it is not good when a situation becomes fearful if you say anything derogatory about ...xxxx.....even constructive criticism may be a thing of the past. If you mention anything negative about the Anti Defamation League, you are in for a battle.

Even on this board, you could find yourself with points.

Fuzzy Zoeller found out the hard way when he made a joke that didn't go down well. It cost him millions in endorsements.

The Media can destroy you. Tucker Carlson destroyed Ray Epps....and it doesn't look like an apology is forthcoming.

Who was that Hollywood gossip columnist back in the 1920s that could wreck Hollywood careers with a column or 2 ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
Free Speech is a thing of the past. That's why incidents like this get so much publicity.
Antisemitism has taken on a life of it's own,that's what's telling. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Antisemitism. Has never applied to any group other than Jewish people.

End of story.

Just because you spout talking points from (God knows what ultra white nationalist groups) doesn’t mask your intent, Levi.

Just drop it.
What exactly should she have said - make a long discussion about free speech on campus ?

"During the hearing, Magill was repeatedly asked if calling for the genocide of Jewish people would violate her university's rules on bullying and harassment.

"If the speech turns into conduct, it can be harassment," Magill answered. Originally Posted by VitaMan

Wow... nobody with a working moral compass can possibly defend this lost, pathetic, weak-minded woman!

"What exactly should she have said?"

Good grief, it wasn't a hard question!

She should have said - any student, faculty member or administrator expressing a desire to kill all Jews (that's what genocide means) grossly violates the university's Code of Conduct. They will be immediately and summarily denounced, fired and expelled from the institution, and stripped of all tenure, pension and retirement benefits.

It's called zero tolerance.