Tyreek Hill issue

https://x.com/theofficertatum/status...KRkEvjkRleXaFQ

This is where the woke media loses me. Cops want the windows down, especially with tinted windows so they can clearly see the guy they just pulled over.
So, put your damn window down! What’s the problem? All of this would have been a 5 minute traffic stop if he just follows directions. And anyone that says this is racial simply wrong. I’ve had a bad experience or two with cops and I’m pretty sure I’m white.
Pull over, wind your window down and keep your hands visible. It's pretty simple. Tyreek caused the escalation.
He was pulled over for bullshit.
Reckless?? Horsecrap. That's a very expensive car. Seatbelt?? Through tinted windows? Nope.
It started as racial profiling and Hills lawyers are gonna end it.
False arrest (they put cuffs on).
Personal injury, they slammed him around.
Civil rights issues, quite clear.
Budget busting item for local cops?
Yup, at least one is already sitting. City atty and at least one other cop will have numourous days having to deal with plaintiff attys. This will drag on for months.
Reckless?? Horsecrap. That's a very expensive car. Seatbelt?? Through tinted windows? Nope.
Yup, at least one is already sitting. City atty and at least one other cop will have numourous days having to deal with plaintiff attys. This will drag on for months. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
He was going 60mph, in a pedestrian area, he was speeding. And what does the price of the car have to do with anything. If you want to drive your McClaren fast, go to the track. Knock yourself out. I watched a portion of the body cam video. All he had to do was follow instructions. He would have got a ticket. That’s it. But he didn’t and things escalated from there. He was treated pretty rough after that. But he could have avoided the whole scene. There wasn’t a legitimate reason for him not keeping his window down. How did the cop know he wouldn’t reach for a gun? How many cops have been shot in similar situations? It’ll go thru the legal system. Hill will pay his $309 ticket, one cop will probably lose his job.

The guys been a ticking timebomb for years. If he didn’t have world class speed he would’ve spent time jail already.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...t16ik2142ay772

And people feel sorry for this guy?
You can be put in cuffs without being under arrest. It's called being detained. They aren't the same thing.
I surely agree with Bambino, Tank and Charley on this.

... The bloke prolly would have been let go with no ticket
and no problems IF he would have just put the window down.

"Sorry, I'm on me way to the stadium for football.
I gotta get dressed to play... Mighta been driving a bit too fast.
I'll be sure to drive slower."

#### Salty
He’s a bum! He was convicted of beating his pregnant girlfriend in college…including punching her in the stomach. He also has had an abuse issue involving a minor.

The fact that this clown is getting sympathy is ridiculous. Wind your window down!
  • Mplay
  • 09-10-2024, 04:54 PM
No issue to me. Who the fuck keeps their window rolled up when your pulled over. Then refuses to get the fuck out. Oh you’re not a black multi millionaire you don’t know how it is. Yeah who needs common sense
The NFL will turn him into a preacher like they did with Ray Lewis.
  • Devo
  • 09-10-2024, 06:35 PM
You can be put in cuffs without being under arrest. It's called being detained. They aren't the same thing. Originally Posted by HDGristle
If you are not free to leave, you are under arrest.

That's the first thing I ask after not answering no to, "Do you know why I'm pulling you over?"
  • Devo
  • 09-10-2024, 06:37 PM
Yup, at least one is already sitting. City atty and at least one other cop will have numourous days having to deal with plaintiff attys. This will drag on for months. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Another case of an entitled moron playing the race card.
If you are not free to leave, you are under arrest.

That's the first thing I ask after not answering no to, "Do you know why I'm pulling you over?" Originally Posted by Devo
That's not how it works. And it's not semantics. He was detained but not arrested. Very well could have been arrested. Speeding. No license. Uncooperative. Refusing lawful commands. Easily could have been considered resisting. But he's famous, and was released without arrest on the officer's discretion.

Calais Campbell was lucky he was also only detained for interjecting himself into the stop.

He wasn't as belligerent as OBJ was on that plane, but he handled the situation flat wrong, just like OBJ

Are you a SovCit? You're sounding less libby and more sovcitty these days
That's not how it works. And it's not semantics. He was detained but not arrested. Very well could have been arrested. Speeding. No license. Uncooperative. Refusing lawful commands. Easily could have been considered resisting. But he's famous, and was released without arrest on the officer's discretion.

Calais Campbell was lucky he was also only detained for interjecting himself into the stop.

He wasn't as belligerent as OBJ was on that plane, but he handled the situation flat wrong, just like OBJ

Are you a SovCit? You're sounding less libby and more sovcitty these days Originally Posted by HDGristle
Several headlines say arrest. But when you read the articles, they say detained. Here’s an example;

https://sports.yahoo.com/tyreek-hill...204621099.html

So, make of it what you will.
He was in FL. He was detained and released with citations.

If he had been arrested he wouldn't have made that game, and he would have had additional charges.

He was given 2 citations with no requirement to appear in court. And there's no indication he'll be booked.

Edit:
It was careless driving, not 2nd-degree misdemeanor reckless driving. That's a civil infraction. As was the speeding. Neither are criminal cases.