ITunes Question

OK, so I am finally getting around to buying songs/albums and loading them into my 4G IPhone and my question; If I am playing my music in an area where I am not connected to a Wi-Fi network,......like where I work, as example, is this going to impact my AT & T bill by adding so many 'bytes' that may go beyond my monthly plan??
No One Knows...WTF??
Why not call up AT&T and ask them that same question? They might be able to help.
OK, so I am finally getting around to buying songs/albums and loading them into my 4G IPhone and my question; If I am playing my music in an area where I am not connected to a Wi-Fi network,......like where I work, as example, is this going to impact my AT & T bill by adding so many 'bytes' that may go beyond my monthly plan?? Originally Posted by Solemate62
Here's the basic concept that applies to all mobile devices.

Your music can either be stored on
  1. Your phone,
  2. On the cloud (some internet location - music streaming sites like spotify, or pandora etc, or you may be able to access your own music stored elsewhere over the internet with apps like plex or amazon mp3 app etc).

In the first case (If you are playing music that is stored directly on your phone), you do not need to connect to the internet to access it, so it should not impact your AT&T bill.

In the second case, since you are connecting to a site (or your home computer) over the internet, you *MAY* incur charges with your service provider like AT&T. This depends on whether you are using a WiFi network, or AT&T's data network.

If you are connecting using a WiFi network (like at Starbucks, or at an office), you should not incur any charges with AT&T (to be sure, make sure you disable mobile data connection, and only enable WiFi)

If you are connecting without a WiFi network, you will be using the mobile data connection from AT&T (your service provider), and that WILL count towards your usage for the month.

Does that help?
Thanks, Jake II - Yes!!!!
If you pay 25 bucks a year to store your iTunes music on Apple's servers and stream it to you, yes it counts towards your data when you are NOT around wi-fi and connected.

If you have stored on the phone itself...no it doesn't count towards anything.