Search function problem

I've been trying to use the search function. Started complicated and when that failed made it simple Still failed. Here's the message I keep getting:

connection to 172.17.2.86:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

I don't know if this is a problem on my end or the ECCIE end. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
darkroot50
  • Paven
  • 01-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Same here, it keeps happening and I need to utilize it right now .
Sorry bout that. When you see that connection refused message it means the search engine needs to be restarted. It appears minor hiccups shut off the search feature and getting it to auto-restart is more challenging than it looks. Still trying to get that ironed out. Until then, though, it has to be manually restarted.
Sorry bout that. When you see that connection refused message it means the search engine needs to be restarted. It appears minor hiccups shut off the search feature and getting it to auto-restart is more challenging than it looks. Still trying to get that ironed out. Until then, though, it has to be manually restarted. Originally Posted by St. C
Glad to know it's not a problem on my end. I've had a number of computer issues the last few weeks and didn't need another. I'm patient and will try again later. Thanks for getting this resolved.
.. Until then, though, it has to be manually restarted. Originally Posted by St. C
How do you do that ?
Sorry bout that. When you see that connection refused message it means the search engine needs to be restarted. It appears minor hiccups shut off the search feature and getting it to auto-restart is more challenging than it looks. Still trying to get that ironed out. Until then, though, it has to be manually restarted. Originally Posted by St. C
How do you do that ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
HJ
  • HB13
  • 01-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Until it gets fixed, you can always use a Google to search eccie's archives for posts. It's a bit cluttered, but helps in a pinch.
How do you do that ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
you have to have the word Saint in your name

until its fixed use google to search
Use the site search feature of Google to limit your searches to just ECCIE.

Example of a search query would be: Paven site:eccie.net