So I hear that the BBQ is really good up there :).

• Paven
  • 03-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Hello fellas, I think that it's about time that I venture my way into the "Show Me" state and show y'all something new and different . I've never been to Missouri before but its been on my list, so I'm putting a plan together to visit there probably the first weekend of April. I'd really like to eat some good food, listen to some good music and meet some wonderful men in no particular order . If you'd like to know more about me then please visit my website, it's in my signature line, but please read it thoroughly so that there are no surprises. I'll be figuring out the exact dates here very soon so I will post again when they are set! I'm hoping to catch a Royals game too, I love me some baseball .
BBQ: KC BBQ is going to be better than anything you can get in TX.

Music: If you're from Austin, you'll be disappointed.

Baseball: Might as well go to the Twins' opening day.

Local talent: Lots of great ladies here. Bring your A+++ game.

Best,
Noah
Great BBQ, great Soul Food, bunch of cheap fucks, yeppers you will have a wonderful time. Just kiddin, the BBQ is great there is almost no BBQ joint you can go and not get good BBQ. If you like good Soul food, try Papa Lews, Hamburgers, Hamburger Marys, Chicken Strouds, Steak the Majestic or Ruth Crisp, Authentic Mexican, Lafluentes, Italian Anthonys, authentic Spicy Sicilian, my bedroom LOL.
I'm always available as a tour guide for our fair city. There,s lots to see and do here. For me, The best BBQ would be Jack's Stack right here on the Plaza. As for the Royals...Well...we'll wait and see....
Have to throw in Okie Joe's too!
Have to throw in Okie Joe's too! Originally Posted by Bomb Pop
Although I was taken to the BBQ place that yells at you when you walk in, I was told that Okie Joe's was fantastic.

I guess that I'll find out when I return in April!!!

Elisabeth
I have yet to find a good bbq place in kC! Nobody does it like Texas! lol

But for good comfort food---Chubbys on Broadway!!!!!
Okie Joe's is OK and was the favorite of Anthony Bordain (I think that's who it was...). But Jack's Stack is far superior IMHO.

DR surely you jest. Nobody anywhere does BBQ better than KC. Would be glad to do an extensive comparison to prove it. Have to agree with you on Chubby's, though. 2 words Yum Mee!!!
  • Paven
  • 03-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Oh wow! Thank you for all of the fun and informative responses! I wont be there long enough to investigate all of those places this trip but I'll narrow it down .

To Noah My game is always A+++++! I don't know of any other way to be!
  • Paven
  • 03-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Really Dallas? You've not found awesome BBQ in a city that is famous for it? Kansas City, Memphis and Texas are known for their BBQ. Maybe you're just being loyal because your a Texas gal? lol
Dallas BBQ doesn't come close! I'm sure that was in jest...
lol--the couple places I went to in kC were chains and not up to my liking!

I want a bbq "joint' that has a pit out back....where the meat is cooked all day.....and the dat is dripping and sizzling with juice! I love the old fashioned kinda pit bbq!!!

I have not found many places left in Texas that are not chains either

Mississippi has the best damn bbq joint in the world....THE SHED....it is a divbe and alot of bikers go there...they even have live blues certain nites and a rv campground on premises...

so if somebody in KC knows where I can find that,please share it!!!
  • Paven
  • 03-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Where is The Shed at Dallas? I am in Mississippi quite a bit.

I too like the places with a pit .
Smokey's BBQ in Wellsville, K&M in spring hill, Jonny's in Olathe and Mission are my fav's
BB's Lawmside
http://bbslawnsidebbq.com/
Try the King Combo it is great.
http://bbslawnsidebbq.com/menu/combo-platters/

Live blues 5 days a week a true roadhouse.
Local and national acts. One of the best in town if not the best. My fav since I went there when in open in1991.

Dallas Rain we should have started the fireworks here last July.

Enjoy KC
MWM