Three fingers in pic?

Heard some providers off of another site require text pictures of you holding up three fingers? what's that about lol.
The idea is that by asking you to do specific things in your screening pics, you're more likely to be real.
ah cool, was just wondering if it's le or something.
Heard some providers off of another site require text pictures of you holding up three fingers? what's that about lol. Originally Posted by bigboyar
It's a way to tell you're not a cop...like undercover cops can't take pics
It's a way to tell you're not a cop...like undercover cops can't take pics Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
Oh yeah, I forgot, cops aren't allowed to take pics. It's in the rulebook, right after the rule about they're required to tell you're they're cops if you ask.
Danielle and I had to do a pic with a couple of fingers as part of verification for a hobby site up in St. Louis, can't remember how many... or even the name of the site at this point, honestly.

In and of itself, that would have been a pretty silly screening technique, but they required that in addition to other criteria, links to reviews, etc.
Oh yeah, I forgot, cops aren't allowed to take pics. It's in the rulebook, right after the rule about they're required to tell you're they're cops if you ask. Originally Posted by JdeHog
This is sooo perfect! And I love your sarcasm. But you are absolutely correct. Any cop who's undercover or is part of a sting have no such limits. Pics are never good verification. Anyone can google search, guy holding up three fingers, or girl doing whatever, save the image and send it out. So can cops, it's NO way to verify or prove or prevent anything.
Danielle and I had to do a pic with a couple of fingers as part of verification for a hobby site up in St. Louis, can't remember how many... or even the name of the site at this point, honestly.

In and of itself, that would have been a pretty silly screening technique, but they required that in addition to other criteria, links to reviews, etc. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I remember that. It works if a site is trying to prove you're who you say you are. I had to send in a few "fan signs" to cam sites before I was granted access to perform. Just a way to show I'm actually a black woman in her 20s with red hair like I said I am.

For screening, it's stupid honestly. Just because someone sends you a selfie doesn't make them any less likely to shoot you in the face when they arrive.

As for cops, if you show up you're busted. Fully clothed or not.
They wanted me to send selfie with my palm up asking what's up????

In and of itself, that would have been a pretty silly screening technique, but they required that in addition to other criteria, links to reviews, etc. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Sounds like "Rate That Provider".

Not someplace I really want to hang out at (the owner seems, from what I've heard, to be a real douchebag), but it does have a good portion of that market sewn up. Much more popular than ECCIE for that area (then again, I haven't seen that ECCIE is all that popular outside of Texas and here).

Cheers,

bcg
Sounds like "Rate That Provider".

Not someplace I really want to hang out at (the owner seems, from what I've heard, to be a real douchebag), but it does have a good portion of that market sewn up. Much more popular than ECCIE for that area (then again, I haven't seen that ECCIE is all that popular outside of Texas and here).

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
That's the one!

Pretty sure I didn't get "rated" until after we left. And you're right, ECCIE was pretty much useless in that area.
E c c I e on east coast doesn't fly,even though the Texans try to promote it.just look at the Rhode Island board , the only thread in thier sand box forum was by our Sweet n Little ,2/15/2011 it was a funny post too.I thought , but nothing but crickets.
Saw on GMA that identity thieves now can actually get fingerprints from zooming in on your fingers...cameras are now that good on phones. So I wouldn't do any more peace sign selfies.
They can have my identity and my 530 credit score lmao. Maybe they'll pay off my student loans...
i expected a way different angle in this thread