New Profile Information - Alerts

I would like to suggest that if an Alert has been posted on a person in the forums, and it is either shown to be true or it comes down to a He/She said vs He/She said that alert is tagged to the persons profile. This will make it easier to research a provider or hobbyist for Safety and Security Concerns before booking with them.
  • Mokoa
  • 06-30-2014, 08:55 PM
That is already in place. Just search the threads that member has started. Threads you start will always be link to you in that manner.
That is already in place. Just search the threads that member has started. Threads you start will always be link to you in that manner. Originally Posted by Mokoa
No I am talking about if a person has an Alert posted about them, that the alert is tagged like a review on their profile. Not what they post.
That's the way it is on another site and I like that suggestion.
It would make things a lot easier than having to search through oodles of alerts just to try and make sure there wasn't one. And still if you don't find one, and there is one, you missed it and you're screwed.

It would be a lot easier to attach them just like reviews.
I have been thinking about this suggestion and how to make it easier and specific to the eccie members being alerted on.

I would suggest something similar to the Review Form be added to the Alerts tabs. This would allow the person posting the alert to actually tag an alert to the specific person to be alerted on. This will allow the mods an easier ability to then tag the alert to that persons profile. My thoughts on fields would be person's handle, alert concerns, and comments. Pretty easy set of fields and use a look up on the handle similar to what is done when sending a PM so that it is tagged specifically to the user and not just a random name entered. Feel free to add additional suggestions for a more formalized form.

Granted that means any old alerts would not be tagged to a profile but new ones could be. All the other alert posts would be the same and just new threads in the Alerts forum as they are now. No need to change any of that.
I think any information that will help with selection of the right provider for the gentlemen is a good idea.
I do think that if an alert is posted to a profile....it should most definitely have been PROVEN..otherwise it is just malicious gossip and it can truly damage a reputation.
I wish everyone had good intent but that is not always the case.
How would we account for and then deal with the abuse factor in something like this?
Considering 90% of all alerts boil down to a "he said/she said" situation or a "spurned lover" situation, it is ripe for being abused. A payback or revenge for some perceived injustice done by one party or the other...or both. While it may sound good on the surface, all angles need to be considered and accounted for.
Don't care for this idea, this will be abused by people who dislike a provider out of animosity; jealousy or just plain trolling. Even not considering the malicious intent, there are often times guys will post an alert and then the situation resolves itself - typically due to miscommunication. If this is to be done - then any person posting an alert should also have a tab on their profile showing how many alerts they have posted (guys and girls) that way people can see who is posting the most alerts and if they are abusing it or they are just the kind of person that likes to post alerts all the time - lets girls know he/she may be someone to avoid going on a date with if they are trigger happy with alerts; or more than likely just put themselves in poor situations if they are constantly needing to post an alert.

There is a search feature built into the website; its up to each person to do their own research. Its not hard to find an alert on a provider or on a guy. Most of the alerts I've seen on this site either don't have anything to do directly with anyone participating on this website and if it is an alert on someone on this website the alert is suspect at best and is a he said/she said situation where nothing is black and white; or in the case of one alert where the girl claims the guy was trying to get free dates out of her and him posting an alert on her because she backed out. There is way too much abuse with alerts and people use them as a blackmail factor.
Perp, It was always my intention that it is for members of the website and not just providers. That is what I have said in my posts above.

As for the abuse. What is posted as an alert that could be attached to a profile would be only those using a strict form and limited in scope to Safety and Security issues. Not something like the session did not happen (NCNS). Things like this person outed me or said my real name to someone else, etc. This person has flipped and is now working for LE. The things that are dangerous for us all to be seeing said person (male & female). Why I was suggesting a form. A structured field that specifically lists the Safety and Security issues available to be posted on the person and that specific person identified by membership name would be required.

As for the He/She, He/He, She/She said abuse, I really don't see it anymore than putting up a review that is now attached to the profiles. The truth in them are no more verified than an alert. There may be the squabbles put up that are abuse but those can still be put up and would not be tagged to a profile unless it is done through the specific Safety and Security format. They would also have to specifically state how the persons practices are of a specific safety and security issue. The person who was accused will also have the ability to fully address any concerns posted. So just like a review if the alert did not meet the criteria of a true Safety and Security alert it would not get "Credit" and would not be tagged to a profile.

I like you idea that if you post an alert your posting of said alert is also tagged to your profile. That is the way reviews are currently done on the site and only fair. This also helps to make certain that the person doing the posting is doing so for a true Safety and Security issue and not out of spite for something else.

As you said they can be searched now and we can do the research. This would allow for an easier means to do that research going forward. Doesn't change what can be said on the forms now in any way except that it collect it in one place. Collecting in one place is something that needs to be done in my opinion and why I posted this. I am from OK and will keep up with the OK forum but I don't keep up with the Houston, or any other part of the country forums, and as such I would not go through the whole site to do searches. Doing a full search on the site is possible but you then introduce so much other stuff that may not be able to find the issues. This is a nation/world wide forum and as such things are posted everywhere that many of us never see.

Please excuse grammar and spelling mistakes, doing this quickly as I need to run out the door.
I think this is a really good idea to permanent associates alerts with a provider. Again, these are real alerts concerning safety issues, not nccs or other issues, but dealing with things that could be a legitimate danger. And, unlike in reviews, the lady and others would have a chance to refute the alert.

We do have a search function, which I do use. But, like lots of searches, you can quickly get a lot of results that are difficult to sort through. And, as providers sometime move, you have to know where to search, or, if you search all, you're going to perhaps gets lots more false hits.

The same legitimate objections could be raised against linking reviews to a lady. And, in fact, bad reviews are perhaps easier to abuse, as a lady has no opportunity to reply. But it is just so much easier to be able to find all the reviews in one place than to have to search.

So, I think linking alerts makes sense.