Pennsylvania is too big for just one forum

first of all i keep getting requests from clients in erie, philly etc. because ECCIE has us listed as servicing all of PA.

it's annoying.

second, a good forum services a community and pennsylvania is a little bit too big be a community.

in case anyone is wondering why this Pennsyvania forum has no posts or no activity, this is probably why.

next annoying PM i get from someone in philly asking for a date is the one that prompts me to simply abandon ECCIE

ya'll need to get it together.
first of all i keep getting requests from clients in erie, philly etc. because ECCIE has us listed as servicing all of PA.

it's annoying.

second, a good forum services a community and pennsylvania is a little bit too big be a community.

in case anyone is wondering why this Pennsyvania forum has no posts or no activity, this is probably why.

next annoying PM i get from someone in philly asking for a date is the one that prompts me to simply abandon ECCIE

ya'll need to get it together. Originally Posted by dames4u
Dames4U,

You are so right, and I'm writing from the other, more populated end of the State and South Jersey. Management has little interest in growing in this part of the country unless they recognize that western PA and eastern PA have nothing in common except the "PA".

This is what Wikipedia tells us about the Delaware Valley:

"The Delaware Valley is a term used to refer to the metropolitan area centered on the city of Philadelphia in the United States. The term is derived from the Delaware River, which flows through the area. The federal Office of Management and Budget officially defines the region as the Philadelphia–Camden–Wilmington Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The Delaware Valley is composed of several counties in southeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey, one county in northern Delaware and one county in northeastern Maryland. The area has a population of almost 6 million (as of the 2009 Census Bureau estimate). Philadelphia, being the region's major commercial, cultural, and industrial center, maintains a rather large sphere of influence that affects the counties that immediately surround it. The majority of the region's populace resides in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

The Philadelphia–Camden–Wilmington Metropolitan Statistical Area is the fifth-largest metropolitan area in the United States[4] and is located towards the southern end of the Northeast megalopolis extending from Boston to Washington, D.C.

Philadelphia's media ranks fourth, behind New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, in Nielsen Media Market size rankings."

It therefore seems a bit obtuse to refuse to recognize the geographical and demographic realities by continuing to lump these two diverse regions together.

I know that providers and mongers in central PA (Harrisburg) and NEPA also feel neglected, but at least the Pittsburgh and Delaware Valley (Philadelphia) markets should be separately identified. To not do so is to completely cede these markets to other boards.

Awl4knot
You asked for it and now you have it. We've separated into 4 sub-forums as part of one Pennsylvania forum. So now you have Erie, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Philly.

That was out job. Now your job is to make them active.