California to Require Masks in Schools Regardless of Vaccination Status, Despite CDC Guidance

• oeb11
  • 07-12-2021, 07:25 AM
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...utm_term=first

California will continue to require vaccinated students and teachers to wear masks in schools, despite new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention deeming it unnecessary.
State health officials said that mandating masks for all students and teachers would ensure that unvaccinated individuals do not feel they are being treated unfairly. The Food and Drug Administration has approved the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for all Americans ages 12 and up.
“At the outset of the new year, students should be able to walk into school without worrying about whether they will feel different or singled out for being vaccinated or unvaccinated,” California Health & Human Services Agency Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly said in a statement. “Treating all kids the same will support a calm and supportive school environment.”
The updated CDC guidance, released on Friday, recommends that all students and teachers return to in-person learning while implementing as many coronavirus mitigation strategies as are feasible. If one mitigation strategy is not feasible, such as socially distancing students, the CDC recommends keeping schools open and to “layer multiple other prevention strategies, such as indoor masking.”
California’s Department of Public health said that, in addition to treating “all students the same,” the masking requirement functions as an additional “layer” of coronavirus mitigation since “many of California’s school facilities can’t accommodate physical distancing.”

The announcement by the CDC came after a year in which most American students participated in virtual or hybrid remote and in-person learning programs. By the beginning of June, 54 percent of public schools had returned to full in-person learning, with another 45 percent in hybrid learning, according to the American Enterprise Institute’s “Return to Learn” tracker.

Well - fascist DPST's - this does warm the cockles of your hearts over the 'politicized mask' issue - and the demands of teh marxist teacher's Unions for absolute control - requiring masks for all regardless.

there is a poster on site - who likes to believe that fascist DPST's 'Follow Science" -

Note - Except when Science and the CDC have a different opinion than the political agenda of control .

but - understanding hypocrisy is never a fascist DPST strong point.

Thought - Parents should and will control the education process - and toss out the marxist radicals who claim that teacher's Unions control education process.

I pray for free elections in Nov 2022
Let the fascist DPST's continue their over-reaching - and showing who they really are - craven, political power hungry control freaks who are dominated by a false God of marxist idiotology.
That's a shocker cali doing there own thing
I thought there was no federal mandate and every state could choose to follow CDC guidance ever since the beginning of the pandemic. For example, several states chose to not issue a mask mandate.
Actually,
Its a good idea.
Will even slow down the annual flu transmission
The CDC is a advisory group that's all just like the WHO is least for now ,,, and they have been so correct ?
Actually,
Its a good idea.
Will even slow down the annual flu transmission Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
No, I don't give a fuck. Let them get a flu shot and stay in a bubble on their own dime. The time for me or my kids to wear a mask has stopped. Let grandma in the home wear one.

There's the reason why: Black folks vaccination rate is very low. They may say because of the Tuskegee airmen or no hospital nearby...whatever...but they'll gladly wear a mask out in public. Go ahead but lets be honest about it.

Time to get back to normal.
I thought there was no federal mandate and every state could choose to follow CDC guidance ever since the beginning of the pandemic. For example, several states chose to not issue a mask mandate. Originally Posted by reddog1951

Agree. California should be allowed to make it's own rules and be accountable to their Representatives just like Florida did.

Here in Miami-Dade county, a county commissioner, just tested positive for Covid, 4 months after having both shots. They couldn't help but mention that he had spent a lot of time at the Surfside collapse as if that might be a "spreader event".

Here in Miami-Dade county, a county commissioner, just tested positive for Covid, 4 months after having both shots. They couldn't help but mention that he had spent a lot of time at the Surfside collapse as if that might be a "spreader event". Originally Posted by HedonistForever
I'm seeing this often: People who had the vaccine(s) test positive and have COVID. Variety of vaccinations although the media doesn't like to advertise which one. A month plus after the last shot.

I'm wondering what the real effectiveness and side effects rates are. I definitely don't trust Dr Fauci or CNN.
Gnadfly, there's that unquantified "often" word again just like my grandmother used. Not to be confrontational, but unless you are directly involved in Healthcare, public health, epidemiology, etc., you're not "seeing" anything.

No vaccine, antibiotic, or medical treatment is 100% effective. All have warnings of potential potential side effects or adverse reactions. I personally know of one case (a young hale and hardy physician) who contracted covid post vaccination. For some reason he didn't elicit an antibody response. That is one anecdotal report, which in the world of medicine isn't worth a lot. One has to show statistically significant data to be credible.

Trust who you wish, your choice and good luck. But it is wise to weigh one's educational and experiential against those whose advice is dismissed.
  • oeb11
  • 07-13-2021, 03:26 PM
Quote - 'r' from above

No vaccine, antibiotic, or medical treatment is 100% effective. All have warnings of potential potential side effects or adverse reactions. I personally know of one case (a young hale and hardy physician) who contracted covid post vaccination. For some reason he didn't elicit an antibody response. That is one anecdotal report, which in the world of medicine isn't worth a lot. One has to show statistically significant data to be credible.

'r' - You are 'Right" - have you been reading unapproved Conservative journals ????

Reading the medical literature based on Scientific method, Peer Review - to publish Facts and Truth.??

Good for You, Sir!!!!
Cant believe they are going against cdc and fauxi on this!
But everything causes cancer in kalfornua.

the warning labels says so! lolling
I’m done wearing masks. I did my part when the immunity compromised were unprotected. Now if you don’t have a vaccine it’s your own damn fault.
We can’t do this shit forever. It’s over.
I never wore a mask from day 1, getting the flu isn’t something I’m overly paranoid about.
Well it certainly shouldn't surprise anyone.
Cant believe they are going against cdc and fauxi on this!
But everything causes cancer in kalfornua.

the warning labels says so! lolling Originally Posted by winn dixie

oh no! Dr FrankenFauci now claims any kid over 3 years old must wear a mask last week he said masks aren't needed. the month before that he said wear 3 mask because masks aren't effective and the year before that he said he's an asshole. only one statement he made is correct.

BAHHAHHHHAAA

Fauci blasted for saying 'no doubt' children 3 years and older should wear masks

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fauci-...-wearing-masks