I'm having some deep thoughts..oh shit..

First of all I like eccie, I think the board format is excellent and I appreciate the efforts of all involved with this site. I would like to mention some changes since the ASPD days. It seems on this site their is a lack of general discussions. I think the number of post, not reviews, just general posting is slow. More importantly and the real reason for this post is Why? Do you think the variuos websites that cropped up after the fall of or right before the fall of ASPD splintered the community. Do you think that eventually one site will prevail over all others and most will call it home, such as ASPD..I think the big reason for the popularity of ASPD was because more people hung out on that site and they also participated in some very interstesting topics..Something to consider and watch would be the number of registered members on all Ho-board sites and watch those numbers change over time.. Kinda like the rating system on cable television. Any thoughts on this..
At its demise, ASPD had over 155,000 members give or take a few.

Today, eccie has 16,521 memebers. Home has 7,388 members. Keep in mind, some like myself are members of both boards.

That leaves over 135,000+ members unaccounted for.

Or were the registrations @ ASPD overstated because of robot registrations and multiple handles?

I think the whole point is to not put all of your eggs in one basket, regardless of the size of the membership. The providers I have talked to realize this now and they plan to advertise in many avenues and to not just rely on one board.

So, to answer your question, I think it will remain fragmented for the foreseeable future, at least until everyone forgets all of the problems created with the ASPD fiasco. A lot of things have changed since ASPD was formed in 1999. The Internet audience is a lot bigger now and it's not the same business environment as it was in 1999.

The prices of computer software and hardware have plummeted since 1999. Thus, the barrier to entry in the marketplace by the competition is lower. Because of this, you will see more competitors, not less, entering the market. There was very little competition for ASPD in 1999 because the barrier to entry was a lot higher due to the higher costs.

If you don't learn to adapt to change, you will fail. Plus, having competition keeps everyone on their toes. Competition is a good thing. Hopefully, there will always be more than one board. The members of all the boards will benefit from the competition.

However, I do like the look and feel of this board very much.

If you truly wanted to spike some interest in general discussions, you could always start a thread on starfish and post your bloomin' onion video.
We are simply sheep following the starfish jedi, GRIPTIRIPIT. Wherever he goes, I go.
Very Interesting MAC, yea unfortunatly you are right, it just makes research more of a timely chore.I like going to a one stop place to shop.. Guess I need to gear up and roll with the changes..

CPI DAMNIT,, this not a thread about starfish, although I do like starfish, why does it always go back to starfish,, please keep this thread on course///LOL.
I don't want to talk to you fuckers, be your buddies, or friends. I don't want to eat lunch with you or know anything about you. Let it be known I am here for one reason..
F U C K I N G.!!

OK...OK... I might like you guys alittle... you pervs..

BTW... How did u that starfish party the other afternoon at your place Gripster?? Ole Tx can find 'em....
that was hott for a civilian,she liked that ass stretching,,woohoo..

back on starfish agian..
Grip:

Odd that this post comes on the heals of ECCIE breaking records for members on line and a few others. The records even broke those of aspd.

I think we're all remembering the hay day back there. My recollection is that things had slowed down considerably.

Now as far as getting more activity here, my suggestion is to post; invite friends; and continue to contribute to safe hobbying and the search for starfish.

HID
Dragons like to go fishing for nice clean smooth CLAMS as well.
This board is a god send like better than ASPD more up to date and user friendly.
So post be part and keep the ladies cumming.
We are simply sheep following the starfish jedi, GRIPTIRIPIT. Wherever he goes, I go. Originally Posted by cpi3000
Oh, and I follow.

Right?
*shaking my head*