Hey Catholics, Your Church's Dogma Isn't Wortht Of Earm Spit

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/wo...ests.html?_r=0

When I was growing up, we lived next door to a bunch of Catholics.

The old joke was they were Catholics because they could drink and party all week and just go get everything forgiven Sunday Morning.

The Catholic Church has always been a joke, with that stupid idea that a Pope, who is just a man, could dictate Tenets that meant the difference in Heaven and Hell.

Like God gloves a shit what the Pope thinks. Or any man, or woman, for that matter.

What Religious Fanatics do not get is Abortion is not a crime against Religion, it's a crime against Humanity.

I don't need some old liberal shithead in a goofy hat to tell me what is right, and wrong. And if you think some Priest has the power of absolution, then you have fallen for one of the biggest scams ever instituted against Humanity.

When your Religious Beliefs can be modified, or even changed, to meet the whims of the moment, then they aren't worth the paper they are written on, or the air it took to utter them.

The old joke was they were Catholics because they could drink and party all week and just go get everything forgiven Sunday Morning.

The Catholic Church has always been a joke, with that stupid idea that a Pope, who is just a man, could dictate Tenets that meant the difference in Heaven and Hell.

Like God gloves a shit what the Pope thinks. Or any man, or woman, for that matter.

What Religious Fanatics do not get is Abortion is not a crime against Religion, it's a crime against Humanity.

I don't need some old liberal shithead in a goofy hat to tell me what is right, and wrong. And if you think some Priest has the power of absolution, then you have fallen for one of the biggest scams ever instituted against Humanity.

When your Religious Beliefs can be modified, or even changed, to meet the whims of the moment, then they aren't worth the paper they are written on, or the air it took to utter them. Originally Posted by Jackie S

A lot of the real Catholics left years ago for the better denominations.

When your Religious Beliefs can be modified, or even changed, to meet the whims of the moment, then they aren't worth the paper they are written on, or the air it took to utter them. Originally Posted by Jackie S
+ 1 !!!!!!
Are you really going to debate religious dogma on this board? ALL of them are ridiculous, not just Catholicism.

The only real issue is whether they are stirring up violence in this world. Fortunately, the only religion doing that is Islam. Can't find it, but there was in interesting article today about the near extinction of Christians in Syria.
Jackie,

It's the woman's body thus her decision what she does with it is her decision. How would you like it if some old fuck with a pointy hat in Rome, or old fucks in DC, made declarations of what you can and cannot do with your body?
Watch the silent scream and tell me it is just the woman's body.....ijs
The Catholic Church has always been a joke, with that stupid idea that a Pope, who is just a man, could dictate Tenets that meant the difference in Heaven and Hell. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Er, ok... the doctrine of papal infallibility has been mocked for centuries. But wouldn't it be nice if the fucking Muzzies had a Pope or a religious hierarchy to keep them in line?

Look at it this way - the Catholic Church would be horrified if some radical Catholic splinter group went around murdering, terrorizing, and blowing people up in its name. The Pope would not only excommunicate the heretics, he would work passionately to wipe them out. He would denounce them at every opportunity as an obscene perversion of the true Catholic faith. And he would apologize profusely to the victims.

Contrast that with the 1.6 billion Muslims - who either fail to react, react meekly, or approve silently while radical Islamic miscreants run around the world perpetrating mass murders and atrocities in the name of their religion. Can't someone tell those cockroaches how to behave? Maybe a Pope isn't such a bad idea.