A few posters....are not the Majority

Just my two cents......

Lately a few posters have taken it upon themselves
to become the "voice" for all the Men in Austin.

Seriously..who voted you as our spokesmen?
Most of us Work crazy schedules and dont have time to be on here
24/7 like some of you "vocal" members..

Now the Board is left with an us vs them feeling..and i want no part of it.

If you want to scare away tried and true providers...go right ahead...
but let it be known that you DO not speak for us the silent majority.
If you want LOW rates feel free to visit the street scene...or whatever else floats your boat..

My experience....if you frequent a provider..show her that your a good/honest/trustworthy regular...you can get an "adjusted" rate

Im sick of the one or two members here...creating drama daily with their posts....
and i call on anyone who agrees with this to post here...

This hobby works best when it's based on honesty, safty, respect and integrity.
  • Trip
  • 09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
  • Mokoa
  • 09-28-2010, 07:54 PM

Nailed It!

I agree that not everyone agrees with some of our more vocal posters. However, the elephant in the room was brought up relative to rates/BCD, etc. In grad school, I was given an assignment to "sell more" of product X without lowering prices. That is what every provider should be thinking about relative to this hobby. I had to do it for hours and the creativity was really interesting. I can talk to any provider if she wants but the exercise is so valuable. It increases sales and keeps prices up but provides more value for customers and it isn't always the obvious things.
For the guys, it is always a free market. Complaining about it doesn't do much. Facts are facts. There are plenty of strategies to mitigate prices in a down economy. But the best is to find partners/providers and consolidate spend.

I am amazed at the applications of business theories and strategies that work in the hobby and are welcomed by both sides. Not to use a pun but "think inside the box" (lol) and "win/win"!
  • Smart
  • 09-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Just my two cents......

If you want LOW rates feel free to visit the street scene...or whatever else floats your boat..

My experience....if you frequent a provider..show her that your a good/honest/trustworthy regular...you can get an "adjusted" rate

Im sick of the one or two members here...creating drama daily with their posts....

This hobby works best when it's based on honesty, safty, respect and integrity. Originally Posted by snoopdogg
I understand your overall intent in your post, but I doubt anyone realistically thinks that prices should be as low as SW prices. That's pretty absurd.

And don't worry, man - 90% of the people who frequent this board are not even getting caught up in anything that's posted here in Co-Ed. Most of them (and myself included, on most days) come here looking for pussy, responding to PMs, and reading/researching for the hobby/work.

I doubt this is really a blip on the Austin hobbying community's radar.
snoopy

i agree with some parts of your post and i disagree with other parts.

i agree we didnt make any one spoke person for us.
i disagree it is an us vs them feeling.

i do value your input, you have that right here to express your opinion freely. PA is where you get the real good juicy stuff.

most important to me is you say "one or two members creating drama", it is a two way street the hobbyist are not the only ones creating the drama.

peace
atx
S/E/B
I understand your overall intent in your post, but I doubt anyone realistically thinks that prices should be as low as SW prices. That's pretty absurd.

And don't worry, man - 90% of the people who frequent this board are not even getting caught up in anything that's posted here in Co-Ed. Most of them (and myself included, on most days) come here looking for pussy, responding to PMs, and reading/researching for the hobby/work.

I doubt this is really a blip on the Austin hobbying community's radar. Originally Posted by Smart
i agree whole heartedly...

it was just time someone stood up and said something
THEY DONT SPEAK FOR US
for me
for you
PERIOD

they speak for themselves
ops/posters can go and enjoy all the SW action they want....
but DO NOT try to speak for me for you or the rest of us on this board

dont speak for me from a jail cell, a laptop, or from your pedestal
ops/posters can go and enjoy all the SW action they want.... Originally Posted by snoopdogg
Why you gotta talk trash about street walkers, what did they ever do to you? I think you can make your point that you can speak for yourself without calling out SW and their Johns. Why do you feel the need to put someone down?

LF
There has been an "Us vs. Them" feeling and that is part of why I have chosen not to post much. Thankfully, I stepped away from the keyboard and continued doing what I feel I do well.

This board is a small percentage of a very large community. This goes for both sides with constant debate. There are ladies that agree with the more "vocal" voices here and there are gents that disagree completely. Thank you for reminding me of that. Truly.

I do consider myself to be tried and true. And even I have stepped back while others may post of (and almost take credit for) growth.

I have typed and deleted so many responses due to lack of desire to go page after page defending myself, my job (yes, I said job), how I please, whatever new rumor supposedly exists, what rabbits I pull out of a hat and what I make and how I spend it. We are literally under the microscope 24/7 in this world and that is a lot of pressure and stress and I just want to be happy.

All of that in mind, I want to thank you for reminding me that this is just a small part of a much larger community. This is not the end all be all for me or any other lady here.
Just my two cents......

This hobby works best when it's based on honesty, safty, respect and integrity. Originally Posted by snoopdogg
i agree whole heartedly...

it was just time someone stood up and said something
THEY DONT SPEAK FOR US
for me
for you
PERIOD

they speak for themselves
ops/posters can go and enjoy all the SW action they want....

but DO NOT try to speak for me for you or the rest of us on this board

dont speak for me from a jail cell, a laptop, or from your pedestal Originally Posted by snoopdogg

And who are you speaking for? Who is your "us"?

Really though..... I speak for myself and on occasion I bring an issue to the board or to a thread that originates elsewhere but not before making sure I get all the facts together and not unless I am on board with the idea. But I am not here representing any particular group although I tend to have quite a bit of support in what I offer.

I do think more people should quit being silent about things and bring their ideas forward as well as contribute on occasion.

If you can spend the time logging in to research a lady you really should take 2 minutes to find something of interest and comment on it.

And if you take information from the board and see a lady, for her as well as others, you should write a review or at least drop some comments in the Locker Room if you have limited time.

It honestly frustrates me that the Invite List for the GC Luncheons is close to 200 guys, we've seen as many as 60 at a luncheon and over 110 have been to at least one.

But the same dozen guys are the only ones that post.

The point you bring up really does need to be worked on.

To address another point regarding your post....

You say you don't want drama but seem headed to some drama with your characterizations of others that I highlighted in RED. I'll leave that for someone else for tonight though.
you talk to much

and it's been time someone said it...

and yeah i chose my words carefully

ops/those in jailcells/ and the vocal minority...

Im saying ONE thing in my thread
that YOU dont speak for me and the providers/hobbiests agree

so deal with it

I'll be at work tomorrow and you'll have HOURS on end to post about providers
posters and people who disagree with you and your group......

but i just needed to give voice to the OTHER side

Thank you

Snoop
"those in jail cells"

WTF?
" But I am not here representing any particular group although I tend to have quite a bit of support in what I offer."

"I do think more people should quit being silent about things and bring their ideas forward as well as contribute on occasion."

I thought you had support...

"It honestly frustrates me that the Invite List for the GC Luncheons is close to 200 guys, we've seen as many as 60 at a luncheon and over 110 have been to at least one."

Oh, okay. So you do have support.

"But the same dozen guys are the only ones that post."

But you have support. Right?

you talk to much

Yeah.... I know..... Always been one to talk too much.... Probably some issue from my childhood.... I'll ask my mom about it.

But I'm trying to make the Top Poster list on the side of the board and stay relevant while doing so!

and it's been time someone said it...

and yeah i chose my words carefully

ops/those in jailcells/ and the vocal minority...

You've lost me regarding the "jail cells".... But I do understand that there is a "vocal minority"

Im saying ONE thing in my thread
that YOU dont speak for me and the providers/hobbiests agree

Oh man..... Your right.... I see the tremendous support..

Shit man... I posted in agreement with what you were saying basically welcoming you as well as acknowledging your right to vocalize your opinion.... You don't have the time to drag me into a debate.... So drop that part.... And it's a different group of guys you seem to be be taking a shot at but I would imagine you will hear from someone else on that so I'm leaving it alone.

so deal with it

I will....

I'll be at work tomorrow and you'll have HOURS on end to post about providers
posters and people who disagree with you and your group......

I kinda doubt it..... I have some lunch plans and some BCD time planned for the morning and a new gal to work on late in the day.... But I do have a Windows Mobile Phone that works pretty good so I'll check in occaisionally.

but i just needed to give voice to the OTHER side

Thank you

Snoop Originally Posted by snoopdogg

Your Welcome!
" But I am not here representing any particular group although I tend to have quite a bit of support in what I offer."

"I do think more people should quit being silent about things and bring their ideas forward as well as contribute on occasion."

I thought you had support... I do darlin.... I mean there needs to be some new ideas and new issues brought to the board by new people....

"It honestly frustrates me that the Invite List for the GC Luncheons is close to 200 guys, we've seen as many as 60 at a luncheon and over 110 have been to at least one."

Oh, okay. So you do have support. Yup.... Haven't had one bust out yet and when I posted that we needed more activity and I needed to meet a new spinner I saw more than a couple of new posters begin to help out....

"But the same dozen guys are the only ones that post."

But you have support. Right? Yeah.... Unfortunately not as much as I would like to see on the board but you have to admit that the changes that occurred here had to occur for a reason and it took a lot of voices to bring that about.....
Originally Posted by Maxeen Monroe
You don't really think things around here changed just for me or because of just me do you?

Do you?