Hey JD, How's Your 401k Doing?

JD,

every time the stock market hits a little dip, we hear from you about how much money your 401k just lost and how this is the beginning of the end for investors.

Now that the DJIA has reached a new peak, I was wondering if your 401k has recovered and if you are not as pessimistic about the economy.

Of will you wait for another dip and complain again?
JD,

every time the stock market hits a little dip, we hear from you about how much money your 401k just lost and how this is the beginning of the end for investors.

Now that the DJIA has reached a new peak, I was wondering if your 401k has recovered and if you are not as pessimistic about the economy.

Of will you wait for another dip and complain again? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Now let's not start with a lie. That "little dip" was over a year long and that was in the middle of the robust recovery we were told about. Anyway I posted about my 401k after Brexit. I guess you missed it. I lost about 1.3 % which I said I would rapidly make up and I did. So I'm doing much better these last three months when everyone realised what a lame duck Barry and his policies were.
Now let's not start with a lie. That "little dip" was over a year long and that was in the middle of the robust recovery we were told about. Anyway I posted about my 401k after Brexit. I guess you missed it. I lost about 1.3 % which I said I would rapidly make up and I did. So I'm doing much better these last three months when everyone realised what a lame duck Barry and his policies were. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
DJIA was 18,100 one year ago. Fell to 15,666 in Sep 2015. Rose to 17,730 in Sep. Fell to 15,660 in Feb. 2016 and has steadily gone up since then. I have no idea when you posted your comments about your losses in your 401k. It was certainly NOT after Brexit but rather much earlier.

In all honesty, I'm happy your 401k has recovered. If the DJIA rise is due to a lame duck President, why did it rise from 6,626 on March 6, 2009, less than 2 months after Obama took office, to 18,516 on Friday? I'm sure you believe it is coincidence.
DJIA was 18,100 one year ago. Fell to 15,666 in Sep 2015. Rose to 17,730 in Sep. Fell to 15,660 in Feb. 2016 and has steadily gone up since then. I have no idea when you posted your comments about your losses in your 401k. It was certainly NOT after Brexit but rather much earlier.

In all honesty, I'm happy your 401k has recovered. If the DJIA rise is due to a lame duck President, why did it rise from 6,626 on March 6, 2009, less than 2 months after Obama took office, to 18,516 on Friday? I'm sure you believe it is coincidence. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
We were talking about my 401k and not the stock market. You do understand that they are not the same thing.
The market is way overvalued.
We were talking about my 401k and not the stock market. You do understand that they are not the same thing. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I no longer have a 401k. When I did it was primarily invested in the stock market. Since you complained that you lost a great deal of money when the stock market fell, I assumed that your money was invested in the stock market.
The market has been propped up by Janet printing money at no interest rate during most of Obama's term.
I no longer have a 401k. When I did it was primarily invested in the stock market. Since you complained that you lost a great deal of money when the stock market fell, I assumed that your money was invested in the stock market. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Now there you go lying... I'll be charitable, misleading again. My claim was not primarily that I lost money. I was passed that money just froze in place for over a year. Now you can say I lost time or that I lost opportunity but my account is very diversified. Nice to know you care but I'm finished on this topic. I only allow two strikes.
Now there you go lying... I'll be charitable, misleading again. My claim was not primarily that I lost money. I was passed that money just froze in place for over a year. Now you can say I lost time or that I lost opportunity but my account is very diversified. Nice to know you care but I'm finished on this topic. I only allow two strikes. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Whatever.