can you recommend your vpn?

I'm want to get on a vpn for my home computer. There are several out there. Can you recommend your vpn?

-Geezer47
Proton VPN and ProtonMail Suite. Not cheap, but the first VPN that shows you the connection speeds in the 24+ countries that have their servers located in, and lets you choose the countries / path that you connection bounces off of.

Protonmail is end-to end encryption that allows you to choose your encryption algorithm, and the bit rate of encryption up to and including 2048 bit. US telecom companies are limited by the US government to a max of 1024 bit encryption (financial companies) and 256 bit for email, etc.

OH2's self - awarded "encrypted" site certificate is for a whopping 128 bit encryption, which is the same level as Bluetooth devices.

Protonmail also allows you to save the receiver's encryption "key" as part of their profile, and if that key ever changes (it shouldn't), it puts a warning flag on the communication indicating that sender may have been compromised (hacked).

Avoid any VPNs operating out of Central / South America. The Agency originally put up those networks, knowing that the cartels would use them, and they could monitor cartel activity through their "world class" VPN. Free is worth every penny you pay for it.

Hope this helps.
I use Nord VPN desktop and Mobile. No problems.
I use Nord VPN desktop and Mobile. No problems. Originally Posted by H5678J

... and let us know the response time!
... and let us know the response time! Originally Posted by Anonymous01
Not sure what you mean or how to measure it. It usually takes a couple of seconds to connect and after that it's like you can't tell it's there.
Ideally a good measurement are the ones put on by the That One Privacy: / https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/ also /https://www.privacytools.io/#vpn I don't use Mullvad or Azire but I like how they have almost zero trackers and external cookies (if a vpn site tries to track you even before you buy them, what that says about them?) Alternatively if you are paranoid, you can try setting your on vpn (requires some technical skill).
I use two VPN's one for browsing and the other for other stuff. Windscribe is the one I use for most of the other stuff connecting with OpenVPN on a FreeBSD based server tunneling out. The other one kinda sucks and dropped a lot of exit points so I can't recommend it.

If you really want protection for browsing using a VPN along with TOR is probably the best way to go. Connect the VPN and then fire up TOR and CYA.
Gentlemen -- I appreciate those responses.
Not sure what you mean or how to measure it. It usually takes a couple of seconds to connect and after that it's like you can't tell it's there. Originally Posted by H5678J

What the two word test is, then you don't know how to really test the privacy / security of your VPN....
^^^ WTF^^ Please tell
I use https://www.cactusvpn.com and been with them about 5 years. They have a try b4 your buy.
^^^ WTF^^ Please tell Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Yeah, I looked it up. Too much techno talk, had no idea what it was saying.
^^^ WTF^^ Please tell Originally Posted by rexdutchman

Read Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress", You'll figure it out.
I use ExpressVPN and love it.