AMPs Across the USA off of I90 and I94

I used to use this site when I lived in Texas, and liked it very much. Moved north 4+ years ago and things changed. No ECCIE and these days very slim pickings at any AMPs all across I90 and I94.
For the past 4+ years, I take at least one trip east across I94 and return west on I90. 3 years ago every AMP I stopped at offered FS.
Last year, Not ,a single AMP offered FS, Only a few offered releases. It all seemed to change After April with FOSTA.

Seems the farther north in the US LE has shut everything down. Down south, business as usual.

Any idea why times are-a-changing? I miss relaxation during long drives across the northern states.
dillychubs: You supplied your own answer; LE has shut everything down. Providers are nervous about getting shut down and maybe deported or imprisoned. "Hobbyists" don't want to be there during a raid, get arrested and have their names splashed all over the media.

If SESTA/SOSA is allowed to stand and the LE crackdowns continue, everything is going to move underground deeper than it already is and have more criminal involvement. Alternatively, after a while those in charge will realize that there really are more important things to worry about than something that has been going on since the beginning of time and will likely go on until the end of time.

Honestly, I got no solution or any concrete answer to your question as to why things have changed. I can confirm, though, providers are nervous.