Swiss Vote For More Gun Control In Face Of EU Threats

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...ce-eu-threats/

Unfortunately, the rest of Europe couldn’t tolerate that. Despite no evidence of Swiss firearms filtering into the rest of the continent, the European Union threatened to close off the borders to Switzerland if it didn’t enact more gun control.

By threatening to close the borders after years of an open-border policy, Switzerland stood to take a massive hit financially. The average voter couldn’t comprehend how their nation would deal with it, so they voted to kiss the EU ring.

While Switzerland is not part of the EU, it is part of Europe’s Schengen open-border system, meaning bucking Brussels on gun regulations could have led to the nation leaving the Schengen zone.

EU should keep its dirty nose out of Switzerland. swiss can do without the economic threats.

the problem here is that the swiss is part of the schengen system, so they're subject to that type of blackmail.

the swiss are going to face a reckoning one day that they will have to choose their laws or the law of EU in order to stay in the schengen zone.
I saw that Sheep , I guess they still haven't learned ( from ww2 )
I thought the Swiss required their people who are in the Army to own guns.
“Those who trade freedom for security will soon find they have neither”.
I thought the Swiss required their people who are in the Army to own guns. Originally Posted by friendly fred

they do. but how many Swiss are active military? not enough!!
Yup < Jackie said it >
they do. but how many Swiss are active military? not enough!! Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
All of the men age 18-51 or something like that....