Referrals

Newbie here. What are they? References from providers (I know how to get those)? How can I get one for ECCIE from a provider on here if they are?
On ECCIE, referrals differ from references.

1) Referrals

If you look at a member’s profile, under the statistics tab, there is a place called “referrals”. (You can click on my handle, select “view public profile” then select “statistics” tab. Look at the bottom half of the Statistics dialogue box. It has “General Information” and lists my “Last Activity”, my “Join Date” and my “Referrals” – currently 18.)

When a new member signs up (as you did), one of the dialogue boxes asked who referred you to ECCIE. If you filled that out with the handle of a member, then their referral count is increased by one member.

Not everyone fills that box out (In fact, most do not).

2) References

References are requested by most all of the providers. A reference is the name and contact info of another provider that has seen you recently and will vouch that you are NOT LE and generally, safe to see (or not safe to see). Different ladies look for different things when checking references. Some want more details than others, and the definition of “recent” is interpreted differently by many, but in general, the ladies want to know that you are legit and safe.

3) Newbies and References

The true heart of your question goes to, “How does a newbie get references, if all ladies require references to see them?” Simple. Use the search function and search for “newbie friendly” providers in your area.
http://www.eccie.net/search.php link to the search page.

You will find several ladies advertise as newbie friendly.

You will also find that several are newbie friendly, with alternative screening. Alternative screening varies with each lady on the board (but generally involves some level of personal information that can be verified).

I hope this is helpful.

Respectfully,

OldSarge