BABY, SWEETIE, HUN, OR DOE, JOHN DOE

A friend of mine said it kind of bugged him when a girl
referred to him useing one of those catagorizing terms
instead of his name after he had given it to her. ( Alias probably )

Said it had a kind of impersonal generic tone about it.

Poor overly sensetive bastard. It's always the little things.

What dose yalls thinks. Damn I was just asking!

Oh I should wait for replies before I say anything else.
I like sweetie. It makes me feel about 40 years younger.
I have all kinds of sweet little things i call guys and girls. I know there names just fine but when i have special names for them it makes me feel like we are a little more personal than just some guy showing at the door ..
I've always been better with faces than names. I can see someone from across the room that I 'know' but for the life of me can't remember his/her name. SO, as I slowly kill my supply of brain cells with great wines I increasingly use phrases like "Hey there!" or "How ya doin' sweetie?" or "Hey guy" or "Been awhile, huh?" and hope the name will kick into place.
I am an old fashioned romantic, but the hobby has repeatedly forced me to face reality. Our girls are wonderful at what they do, but the IOP is just that, an illusion. One that fades the moment the door closes behind you; as does her memory. It was unrealistic of me to think that I was different and she would remember my name, so I have accepted that I will always be BABY, SWEETIE, HUN, OR DOE, JOHN DOE. FWIW, I still refuse to call my girls Candy, Sugar, Sparkle Plenty, etc. I make every effort to learn their real FIRST name (in complete confidence, of course) and use it whenever I contact them. To them it's a business, to me it's a relationship.
I am a true southern girl so hun, hunny, babe and sweety are all the norm for me to say Hell I have a whole other lineup of names for the ladies too. There are only 2 words in the hobby I loathe with a passion and those are "trick" and "john".
Nothing like a woman pulling my hair saying, "eat that pu$$y you son of a bitch". Boing!
As long as a woman agrees to see me and she enjoys being with me and lets me come back for more fun she can call me whatever suits her fancy. My favorite name is sweetheart, both my ATF and I use it all the time with each other.
I like my name...my momma gave it to me for a reason!
Recently I had someone thank me for calling him by his name. I was like, "Um, what else would I have called you?" I was really confused. Haha. Turns out he also hated being called "Sweetie" or "Babe" or whatever.

I think the people that don't like it either think someone is not using their name either because 1) they simply don't remember it or 2) they are trying to create a too-rapid/fake feeling of intimacy (like, we're basically strangers, how am I possibly your sweetheart already?). I can see how either wouldn't go over well!

As Alecia said, it is definitely a southern cultural thing to use terms of endearment with people you've just met. I hope anyone who does have that pet peeve keeps that in mind. Especially when you're in the south. Ain't no harm meant by it, sugar.

FWIW, I still refuse to call my girls Candy, Sugar, Sparkle Plenty, etc. I make every effort to learn their real FIRST name (in complete confidence, of course) and use it whenever I contact them. To them it's a business, to me it's a relationship. Originally Posted by eccl3
When I'm writing to someone for a reference, I have a very hard time typing "Hey, Sparkle Motion/SugarBritches/XXXHottie4uXXX, John Doe would like you to vouch for him..." I always look to see if she has a regular name on her site or profile somewhere. I don't care if it's her Real Name or her fake real name or her fake fake real name, as long as I can type it with a straight face.
I am a Texas girl and was taught to talk that way...I call everyone sugar/babe/hon/sweety/or sweets

Jassar...I luv ya man!{lol}
Just don't call me "Cutie"...baby fucking penguins are cute. I actually request the Providers call me by my real name in my Profile on P411: "Degenerate".

Dallas Diva Katie was the greatest calling me --- or ----- or-----. Got one of those names that has different variations like Mike, Michael, Mikey, etc. (that's not it). She had fun with it and it WAS a turn-on for me.
Recently I had someone thank me for calling him by his name. I was like, "Um, what else would I have called you?" I was really confused. Haha. Turns out he also hated being called "Sweetie" or "Babe" or whatever.

I think the people that don't like it either think someone is not using their name either because 1) they simply don't remember it or 2) they are trying to create a too-rapid/fake feeling of intimacy (like, we're basically strangers, how am I possibly your sweetheart already?). I can see how either wouldn't go over well!

As Alecia said, it is definitely a southern cultural thing to use terms of endearment with people you've just met. I hope anyone who does have that pet peeve keeps that in mind. Especially when you're in the south. Ain't no harm meant by it, sugar.

When I'm writing to someone for a reference, I have a very hard time typing "Hey, Sparkle Motion/SugarBritches/XXXHottie4uXXX, John Doe would like you to vouch for him..." I always look to see if she has a regular name on her site or profile somewhere. I don't care if it's her Real Name or her fake real name or her fake fake real name, as long as I can type it with a straight face. Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest

Carrie Hillcrest, AKA ( Very wise young lady ) very insightful.
Good post. My preference in the hobby is always for reality and not fantasy. So I prefer real names.
I am a true southern girl so hun, hunny, babe and sweety are all the norm for me to say Hell I have a whole other lineup of names for the ladies too. There are only 2 words in the hobby I loathe with a passion and those are "trick" and "john". Originally Posted by Alecia
Ouch...hope you might make an exception if called for.

I love hearing a breathless "Don't stop John." John John, Johnny, Juan and Juanito (if you're Latina) are fine too. However, I can't accept Daddy or Papi until the second visit...haha

Seriously, the usual terms of endearment are just fine with me though.