For Republicans life begins at conception and ends at birth

That codger George Carlin had a biting sense of humor.

. . . But there is a lot of truth in that wicked humor of his!

Originally Posted by BigLouie
Liberals point to the fact that most conservatives are prolife and also pro death penalty as some sort of absurd hypocrisy. What liberals don't understand is that conservatives want to protect the innocent and kill the wicked.

Most liberals are pro abortion but against the death penalty; they want to kill the innocent and protect the wicked; and they call us crazy.

PS
George Carlin was an idiot.
I don't know that I would call George Carlin an idiot, but he certainly did have a lot of rough bark on him.

Like many great comedians, he developed his own niche and style of humor.

To me, George was sort of like Wasabi.

. . . I could only take a little of his humor at a time!

• WTF
  • 12-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Liberals point to the fact that most conservatives are prolife and also pro death penalty as some sort of absurd hypocrisy. What liberals don't understand is that conservatives want to protect the innocent and kill the wicked.

Most liberals are pro abortion but against the death penalty; they want to kill the innocent and protect the wicked; and they call us crazy.

PS
George Carlin was an idiot. Originally Posted by joe bloe
What you do not understand is that a lot of so called liberals do not think life begins at conception, they do not think a 4 week abortion is killing. They do think killing a 30 year old is. You just justifiy it by calling them evil.

Would you have aborted Hilter?

Look, you call me liberal and I am for the Death Penalty in certain instances.

I am also for mercy killings.

Call me Dr Death.
One must wonder whether liberals are born with any intelligence, since so many liberal causes are counterproductive. How is it that liberals can be for open borders which allow cheap labor to cross unopposed into the U.S. and yet still claim they support the interests of unionized workers?

Plus, liberals are against positive ID measures to prevent voter fraud because it will disenfranchise voters, and yet they permit the slaughter of a multitude of potential voters in the womb.

"The second item in the liberal creed, after self-righteousness, is unaccountability. Liberals have invented whole college majors--psychology, sociology, women's studies--to prove that nothing is anybody's fault. No one is fond of taking responsibility for his actions, but consider how much you'd have to hate free will to come up with a political platform that advocates killing unborn babies but not convicted murderers. A callous pragmatist might favor abortion and capital punishment. A devout Christian would sanction neither. But it takes years of therapy to arrive at the liberal view." - P.J. O'Rourke
if the fetus is aborted over 4 weeks or more , its' killing.
if the fetus is aborted over 4 weeks or more , its' killing. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Where did you get that wisdom?
Why 4 weeks?
What you do not understand is that a lot of so called liberals do not think life begins at conception, they do not think a 4 week abortion is killing. They do think killing a 30 year old is. You just justifiy it by calling them evil.

Would you have aborted Hilter?

Look, you call me liberal and I am for the Death Penalty in certain instances.

I am also for mercy killings.

Call me Dr Death. Originally Posted by WTF
I'm not conservative in all my views. When I was in college long ago, I was probably to the left of you. I actually voted for McGovern in 1972.

I think that doctor assisted suicide is probably a reasonable policy for people with intractable pain and a limited life expenctancy.

I think abortion in some rare instances is not unreasonable. If I had a twelve year old daughter that had been gang raped, I'd want the option of a morning after pill or even an abortion in the first trimester. Pro life purists would say why punish the baby.

I think a reasonable argument can made against the death penalty, although I'm for it. I have no doubt that innocent people have been wrongfully put to death; although rarely. Juries are far from perfect.

Life is full of complicated questions that don't always have black and white answers. My stepmother (now deceased) was a flaming liberal, but was pro death penalty and gung ho on border control.

PS
If I had a time machine. I would go back in time and abort or kill Hitler. I would also buy Microsoft in 1982.
The Supreme Court ruled on this issue in the landmark Roe Vs Wade case.

The decision the court made was based on when the fetus is viable outside the womb.

They defined that point as being about 7 months or 28 weeks.
Where did you get that wisdom?
Why 4 weeks? Originally Posted by waverunner234
the fetus' heart starts beating at week 4.
One must wonder whether liberals are born with any intelligence, since so many liberal causes are counterproductive. How is it that liberals can be for open borders which allow cheap labor to cross unopposed into the U.S. and yet still claim they support the interests of unionized workers?

Plus, liberals are against positive ID measures to prevent voter fraud because it will disenfranchise voters, and yet they permit the slaughter of a multitude of potential voters in the womb.

"The second item in the liberal creed, after self-righteousness, is unaccountability. Liberals have invented whole college majors--psychology, sociology, women's studies--to prove that nothing is anybody's fault. No one is fond of taking responsibility for his actions, but consider how much you'd have to hate free will to come up with a political platform that advocates killing unborn babies but not convicted murderers. A callous pragmatist might favor abortion and capital punishment. A devout Christian would sanction neither. But it takes years of therapy to arrive at the liberal view." - P.J. O'Rourke Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I majored in psychology with a minor in sociology. Now I'm to the right of Attila the Hun, funny how life changes you.
Fast gun, the times have changed. What the SCOTUS said in the 1970s is no longer operative. What would have been fatal in 1970 is something that can be corrected now envitro. A four week premature baby in 1970 was pretty much dead but it is a common occurrence to save them today. What the SCOTUS did was to make federal law on what should have stayed a state issue. That decision was also based on something that does not appear in the constitution. There is no constiutional right to privacy.

For comparing the death penalty to abortion; are you willing to go 100%? Will the accused (the unborn) get an attorney, due process, and constitutionally protected rights? If convicted will they get an appeal process? If you put that in place then you can make the comparison.
I know it has been a controversial ruling by the Supreme Court and there have been some judges who dissented, but it still the law.

There needs to be balance to the law. The issue cannot be decided all by the woman or all by the state.

Both parties have legitimate interests and it remains a volatile issue
and it still divides the country.
  • WTF
  • 12-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Yea thats a tough one...

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Now that one ain't so tough. I'm for the pill and the day after pill and for early term abortion if a woman so chooses.

If she can't do any of those then she needs to have the kid and all the conseratives should chip in a raise the lil fuc'er!

That is my view

. A callous pragmatist might favor abortion and capital punishment. - P.J. O'Rourke Originally Posted by I B Hankering
There we go folks, ya'll can no longer call me liberal. I'm a callous pragmatist! Courtesy of Mr P J O'Rourke. I knew he was good for something!