GM recalls 4,873 cars in U.S. and Canada

http://news.yahoo.com/gm-recalls-4-8...144639741.html

Are you kidding me? 5000 cars leaving the factory "possibly" missing a brake pad? It's not THAT important is it??

Where's the quality control?
I've always said Americans cannot built cars.
And the one car I had from GM, a Saturn, they stopped building it. The fools, it was a relatively good car.
I'm going with Audi in 2012
guess they need to reprogram the robot that does the installation. Article didn't say if these were Monday Friday cars or not
Someone at GM is red in the face.

. . . Someone is going to get their ass fired!

ford si, toyota hi hi, gm and chrysler?..not a chance
  • WTF
  • 12-31-2011, 10:29 AM
My 2007 GMC Denali has 110k miles on it and hasn't given me any major problems.

I usually trade them in after 50k but I'm keeping this one to see how far she will go.

I have no complaints.....well the 12mpg isn't all that good but I knew that going in.
GOOD ENOUGH FOR GOVT WORK!
And the one car I had from GM, a Saturn, they stopped building it. The fools, it was a relatively good car.
I'm going with Audi in 2012 Originally Posted by waverunner234
FIRST...you will find a huge price differance between an Audi and a Saturn......second, this is more of a union issue than it is american built cars. There are hundreds of thousands of Toyota, Honda and Nissans built here in the US by NON union workers. The union mentality, at least in the auto industry will prevent the responsible individuals from being held accountable.
  • WTF
  • 12-31-2011, 01:40 PM
ford si, toyota hi hi, gm and chrysler?..not a chance Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I also have a '11 Dodge Ram with a 5.7 Hemi that is decked out. One fine truck and cost was less than the Toyota, Ford or Chevy. It remains to be seen how it hold up but I have an extra 6k in my pocket to play with that I would not have had had I bought the other models.

I always try and buy the most American made product I can. No more foriegn made cars/trucks for me.
GM is the company that Obama owns. Figures.
GM is the company that Obama owns. Figures. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Jeesh give it a rest,like no other car mfg has had a problem or recall.and be sure to overlook the funds repaid by GM or the banks ect just the money paid to then.Obama dosen't own them the taxpayer did.
As a manufacturing engineer, I do have to wonder how it could have occurred. But then, the first time the brakes were applied should have setoff the brake light. (Every car plant I have ever been in they drive the car off the end of the line, should have been caught there.)

I think the real interesting thing will be to see how many of these cars actually is missing a brake shoe.
  • WTF
  • 01-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Maybe they figured anybody buying a car called Sonic should use the Fred Flintstone braking method!
I'm going with Audi in 2012 Originally Posted by waverunner234
Care to explain more on Americans can't build cars?