RIP. Thank you to all that still serve!

Horrible. RIP to those and a special thank you to our boys who are still serving!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44043847...entral_asia/&3
Amen.
The 45th also lost it's fourth man since the deployment started in June.
Another sad day for the families, friends, loved ones and brothers in arms of the soldiers lost, as well as for our country. This thread should stay free of political views and remain about those lost.

In tribute to all those we've lost, the words in this song says it all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rafTabdvvw

Another great video, not slideshow, of this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lntlxjj8h3Q
Another sad day for the families, friends, loved ones and brothers in arms of the soldiers lost, as well as for our country. This thread should stay free of political views and remain about those lost.

In tribute to all those we've lost, the words in this song say it all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rafTabdvvw Originally Posted by surcher
That was my hope indeed. I tossed it around wondering if I should post as I could see it turning into an ugly political debate... but I know many on here who are still active and non active military... wanted to thank them as well as pay respect for those lost.

Def a sad day.
My son is up in a northern mountain of Afganistan now. Sad news for all Americans.
My son is up in a northern mountain of Afganistan now. Sad news for all Americans. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
It's a tough situation. My son told me last week that he was still alive only because the IED his patrol tripped didn't go off. Made it hard to function for a day or two.

Intellectually, it shouldn't be different than hearing him say he had a close call on the freeway or survived a bad wreck. But, emotionally, knowing people are out to kill him makes it very different.

Good luck to your son, may they all come home safe.
No matter how skilled our troops are, no matter how good their equipment is, how thorough the training is or how effective their officers are, sometimes the other side gets lucky. The only good in this is that they died doing the one thing that meant more to them than anything else in the world.

That’s about as good as a death can be.

Airborne, guys.
Amen , Bless all the familys and friends and all americans in this time of tragedy. Theses folks give us there lives and put there lives in danger for all of us and i dont think that we say THANK YOU enough.
It's a tough situation. My son told me last week that he was still alive only because the IED his patrol tripped didn't go off. Made it hard to function for a day or two.

Intellectually, it shouldn't be different than hearing him say he had a close call on the freeway or survived a bad wreck. But, emotionally, knowing people are out to kill him makes it very different.

Good luck to your son, may they all come home safe. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
Thank you Sir, I will pray for your son too.
If you want to do something for the families who suffered this tragic loss, donate to the Navy SEAL foundation ---> http://www.nswfoundation.org/donate.htm
We all feel the loss of our buddies home and afar. Yet when tragedies like this happen, the last thing we want to do is go home. When we lose brothers out there, we want to go find and kill the bastards that did it.
We don't go out looking for a fight, we WANT to protect the civilians, but we're not going to back down and they're not going to get away with this. We will track them down, and they will die.

We lost over 230 in the last year in RC-East. Over 120 were 101st soldiers.

the 101st has its next Rendezvous with Destiny Dec 2012, but they're cutting deployments down to 9 months
  • WTF
  • 08-08-2011, 09:52 PM
The problem as I see it is this.....the other side thinks the exact same thing about their fighters.

To them , we are like the Nazi to the French. Occupying their country. They think of themselves as resistance fighters.

That is not a pro or con / for or against. It is just the reality.

For us to win over there we need to commit more troops and increase our taxes.

We at least need to pay for these wars that good young men and women are dying for.

If we are not even willing to do that, why are we over there?

Is that not the question each and everyone of us should be asking?

Yes this was tragic but this is what war is like.

I am so sic of a war where half our nation wants the troops back home and the other half does not want to raise the tax rate to pay for them being over there.

It makes no sense to me.

Well it does but I do not want to turn this thread political......or any more political.
We actually need less people there. Less civilians. More highly trained combat ready troops with less huge FOBs.
More psyops, more SF teams, less POGues.
  • WTF
  • 08-09-2011, 05:53 PM
We actually need less people there. Less civilians. More highly trained combat ready troops with less huge FOBs.
More psyops, more SF teams, less POGues. Originally Posted by lilred_robin
You are missing the point.

It needs to be paid for.

We have been there TEN years with less troops.

We had a surge....if we did not need all the troops, why the surge?

But my main point was.....

Wars are fought on two fronts. The battlefield and in the arena of politics. Many may not like that fact but a fact it is. Half this country wants us to get the fuc outta there and the other half wants to stay but and this is a huge but, they do not want to pay.

So you have half the country wanting our troops back and half wanting them to stay and work for free.

Will you work for free over there?
  • MrGiz
  • 08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Can you not honor the intent of one single thread?