Bienvenido de Nuevo, Ted

I have been a predominantly silent observer of this forum since the inauguration of President Biden. Instead I have preferred to bask in the glow of not having the leader of our country lie to me 25 or 30 times a day and just shake my head at all of you that long for the horror days of Trump and think that life as we know it is now over.

Disclaimer: The following links are provided for amusement only. If you do not find them to be amusing, then please just move on. They typical marxist, deep space, Comrade XI, Biden this, Fiden that, AOC is ugly and Bernie is senile responses that populate much of this forum are not required here.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/appa...211435318.html

I imagine Ted has been the but of jokes his entire life. And probably has no idea why.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...f-trump-2021-2

Isn't that golden calf statue the creepiest thing ever.

I like Ben Sasse. Unfortunately I cannot ever see him winning reelection to his Senate seat in Nebraska. Perhaps he will run for president some day. He just might end up being the only winning candidate that loses his home state. Unless you count the vagabond Trump as being from New York in 2016. Which I do not, but I could see where some might.
  • WTF
  • 02-28-2021, 06:49 AM
Ben Sasse would be like Jimmy Carter. Way too smart for the job.
Never been a big fan of cruz. I do think that his trip was blown way out of proportion.

Dont know a lot about Sasse. Gonna read up on him
  • WTF
  • 02-28-2021, 07:31 AM
Never been a big fan of cruz. I do think that his trip was blown way out of proportion.

Dont know a lot about Sasse. Gonna read up on him Originally Posted by winn dixie
Let me go out on a limb and predict you will not like him.

I like this guy. His term ends 1/3/2027. Thats a long time in politics. His denouncement of Trump should not effect him that far in the future. Especially seeing the HUGE margin he won by. Hes a strong 2cd amendment supporter and his education looks to be rivaled by very few.
But this caught my attention real quick!----

In March 2019, Sasse was one of twelve senators to cosponsor a resolution that would impose a constitutional amendment limiting the Supreme Court to nine justices. The resolution was introduced following multiple Democratic presidential candidates expressing openness to the idea of expanding the seats on the Supreme Court --wiki

Lets say he has caught my attention now!

Originally Posted by WTF
Ohh wtf. Oh so wrong again. Is negativity all you got?
I like this guy. His term ends 1/3/2027. Thats a long time in politics. His denouncement of Trump should not effect him that far in the future. Especially seeing the HUGE margin he won by. Hes a strong 2cd amendment supporter and his education looks to be rivaled by very few.

In March 2019, Sasse was one of twelve senators to cosponsor a resolution that would impose a constitutional amendment limiting the Supreme Court to nine justices. The resolution was introduced following multiple Democratic presidential candidates expressing openness to the idea of expanding the seats on the Supreme Court --wiki

Lets say he has caught my attention now! Originally Posted by winn dixie
I hope you're right about that but I'm not so sure. Nebraska is probably the most conservative state in the country and their collective memories are funny. For example: many of them still think the Shuckers are still a good football team and have forgotten how they have stunk up the place for the last 20 years. But then most of them still remember the Shucker glory days like it was yesterday.

Somebody from the Omaha Wierd Hearld will remind them about Sasse in case they have forgotten about his opposition to Trump. If that newspaper is no longer in existence in 2027, then the unemployed editorial columnists will resort to other means to endorse Sasse's opponent.
  • Tiny
  • 03-01-2021, 12:31 PM

Lets say he has caught my attention now! Originally Posted by winn dixie
I like Sasse too.

Originally Posted by WTF
Ummm yeah.