kansas city cops/inspection fiasco/skunks..etc..what a week /and it just started lol

Wow what a week this is turning out to be...lol and only " two days in"

I went to get my jeep inspected..went to a shop 30minutes from my house..got the inspection & reciept..get up next day to get my car reregistered...NO inspection reciept anywhere... So I had to go back out to the shop and get a copy of it!

Then when I went to get it reregistered,it cost me over 200 bucks cause I evidentally was 2 years behind in personal property taxes!

Sunday I saw a skunk in my yard before bedtime..so during my slleping time,my daughterinlaw came running into my bedroom asking me if I was ok...she said I was crying and talking in my sleep..I was dreaming that I was walking in the woods with my 13 yr old grandson and we came across a skunk..well he ran away and the skunk started spraying me..... THAT is why I was crying/talking in my sleep LOL

Then the topper..I was just arriving to my hotel in Overland Park when a Kansas cop pulled me over....he said my plates were running as expired,evennthough I have the new "2024" tags I had just put on it!
He let me go with no ticket.

So what does the rest of the week hold..lol...I better hold on tight!!

Feel free to share your experiences this week so far.....
Why would you not pay personal property taxes?? Good way to lose your house on a court foreclosure. When these properties are listed for failure to pay taxes, they can be bought for pennies on the dollar on the courthouse steps!
Dang D, be careful. Especially with that op cop.
Dont think they sell your house for non-payment of personal property taxes? Possibly for several years of not paying Real Estate Taxes!
I thought my son had paid them for me..that was an arrangement we had made but ughhh kids

now i am all caughty up n legal lol
i rent so only property that i pay tax on is my jeep

Hows everybody else"s week goin?? Anything fun hapoening?
Labor Day plans?
Dee you need to find better pets then a skunk lol
Wow what a week this is turning out to be...lol and only " two days in"

I went to get my jeep inspected..went to a shop 30minutes from my house..got the inspection & reciept..get up next day to get my car reregistered...NO inspection reciept anywhere... So I had to go back out to the shop and get a copy of it!

Then when I went to get it reregistered,it cost me over 200 bucks cause I evidentally was 2 years behind in personal property taxes!

Sunday I saw a skunk in my yard before bedtime..so during my slleping time,my daughterinlaw came running into my bedroom asking me if I was ok...she said I was crying and talking in my sleep..I was dreaming that I was walking in the woods with my 13 yr old grandson and we came across a skunk..well he ran away and the skunk started spraying me..... THAT is why I was crying/talking in my sleep LOL

Then the topper..I was just arriving to my hotel in Overland Park when a Kansas cop pulled me over....he said my plates were running as expired,evennthough I have the new "2024" tags I had just put on it!
He let me go with no ticket.

So what does the rest of the week hold..lol...I better hold on tight!!

Feel free to share your experiences this week so far..... Originally Posted by DallasRain
wow, crazy I agree
well yesterday my new lil grandkitty got sorsyed in the face by that skunk!!!!
And today I found a bullfrog by my back door...ughhhh I am terrified of frogs!!!
even Kermit?
lol well no not Kermit

but real ones yep!
When I was young in Texas,my lil brither would go frog giggin..then as a joke he would try to nake us hold them!! Texas bullfrogs are big n ugly n slimy!!!
Personal property taxes are for your car,boat,miscellaneous stuff. Property taxes are for your house.
yep it was personal property taxes
I thought in Missouri you had to have proof that you're personal property taxes have been paid before they give you your new tags/stickers for your vehicle(s)?
yes i did i had to get paid up n get reviept to show