How About Banning Multipe No Call No Shows ...And Other Possible Ideas For Handling NCNS

So, without going into much detail, there has been much on this board about No Call No Shows. There was this suggestion:

Is there a way to create another type of review that is used for "Appointments That Never Were" or another board Originally Posted by Electricfeelnow
I have different proposal. How about this?:

1) Allow for No Call No Shows to be included in the reviews. That way, new hobbyists can see a full history without a whole lot of detective work. In addition to the recommendations of "Yes" and "No" add "No Call No Show".
2) Have some mechanism in place where, in the event the provider makes a mends, the hobbyist can note the review, effectively saying"this provider stood me up but she made it right. There could be a time frame of, say, 48 hours where the hobbyist could change the recommendation from "No Call No Show" to "Yes", "No" or "Redeemed".
3) Have a mechanism where after a certain reasonable number of No Call No Shows (that have not been changed to something else after 48 hours), that provider is permanently banned. It could be something where after three No Call No Shows a provider gets a caution status and after one more gets banned or something like that.

To be fair there could be something for providers to do something similar but I don't know what that would be.

Just an idea. I think that this is a solvable problem, at least on ECCIE. What are your thoughts?
I think thats a good ldea, and also if we could put something on the guys who do NCNS, kinda like a review, and the time wasters, and the ones that take off with out paying, or the ones who put there hands on us(not in good way), so we as providers dont have to do a bunch of work also... should work both ways I think, now to actually get the owners of this site to actually get that done, well thats a totally different matter
Wow, someone has rejection issues ... a permanent ban for NCNS?
  • Toyz
  • 08-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Impossible to enforce...because when it all washes out its still at most a he said/she said.

Similar to the known thief in the board... Everyone knows she's stealing...but she won't be banned cause it can't be proved...nor does eccie give a shit.
I say get over it and move on!

I dont even bother trying to see a new girl.. I have only seen 1 new girl in 2 years. and it was 'meh'.. I just stick to my UTR regs and other regs, they NEVER NCNS!
in fact, they never even cancel! we may change days now and then but I never worry about 'crickets'

like right now I am trying to see a new girl to me. sent my request, she has replied but no date set.. she either will PM me back or not.. I dont worry about it.. some Provider will get my $$ at the end of the day....
Wow, someone has rejection issues ... a permanent ban for NCNS? Originally Posted by pyramider
Burning them like they did witches would be too harsh then?
Wow, someone has rejection issues ... a permanent ban for NCNS? Originally Posted by pyramider
He did say after a certain number of NCNS.
If that was to happen to both providers AND hobbiests, that would be the only fair way to do it.
But in all honesty, that really isn't feasible option.
Guys could just become lurkers instead of members, so there really wouldn't be much consequence unless they want to post. It may take time but I'm sure the lady would eventually make a new account once the smoke dies down.
A NCNS forum would be an option, but do the MODS really want another forum to have to moderate? Especially since the MODS are only volunteers, and it's not a paying job (at least that I know of). Would it even be fair to ask for them to take on the added responsibility? Is it even possible to make a specific 'review' form for NCNS for both providers and hobbiests to fill out? Or would it be more of a hassle?
3) Have a mechanism where after a certain reasonable number of No Call No Shows (that have not been changed to something else after 48 hours), that provider is permanently banned. It could be something where after three No Call No Shows a provider gets a caution status and after one more gets banned or something like that. Originally Posted by PervusMaximus
ECCIE bans are dished out for on-board behavior, never BCD behavior. Nor should the *highly-paid* ECCIE mod staff be trying to enforce BCD behavior. ECCIE is an information exchange, not an authority. It has none of the power or the resources needed for it to police off-board activity and it has no business giving a false sense of security to anyone. Its rules govern how that information is exchanged, not what the information concerns. Banning anyone for off-board activity would be counter-productive to the function of ECCIE. It would reduce the amount of available information.

Your suggestion has already been proffered on many occasions when members have had a particularly damning alert posted about him or her. If ECCIE isn't going to ban alleged rapists, pimps and thieves, why on Earth would it ban alleged serial flakers?

I realize you mean well, and I don't say this to be unkind, but it's a terrible idea. Banning someone from ECCIE isn't banning someone from the hobby; it's just pushing them under the radar.
  • Toyz
  • 08-25-2014, 08:22 PM
ECCIE bans are dished out for on-board behavior, never BCD behavior. Nor should the *highly-paid* ECCIE mod staff be trying to enforce BCD behavior. ECCIE is an information exchange, not an authority. It has none of the power or the resources needed for it to police off-board activity and it has no business giving a false sense of security to anyone. Its rules govern how that information is exchanged, not what the information concerns. Banning anyone for off-board activity would be counter-productive to the function of ECCIE. It would reduce the amount of available information.

Your suggestion has already been proffered on many occasions when members have had a particularly damning alert posted about him or her. If ECCIE isn't going to ban alleged rapists, pimps and thieves, why on Earth would it ban alleged serial flakers?

I realize you mean well, and I don't say this to be unkind, but it's a terrible idea. Banning someone from ECCIE isn't banning someone from the hobby; it's just pushing them under the radar. Originally Posted by Centaur
"Cereal Flakers"

You aren't the first to get NCNS'd and you won't be the last. Put more time in checking out the girls you are going to spend time with BCD and you will lessen your chances of it happening again.
There used to be a Yahoo! group for this, not sure how active it is anymore...

I realize you mean well, and I don't say this to be unkind, but it's a terrible idea. Banning someone from ECCIE isn't banning someone from the hobby; it's just pushing them under the radar. Originally Posted by Centaur

Thanks for the explanation. I kind of figured it was something like that.
There used to be a Yahoo! group for this, not sure how active it is anymore... Originally Posted by NastyCanasta
YUP, and nightmaresally now known as Electricfeelnow was listed on it many times.
NCNS is part of the game, let it go and don't let these girls string you along. I never schedule more than 2 or 3 hours in advance and if plan A comes through, after you've scheduled plan b c or d. Politely cancel and go with your first choice. When you book short notice, they will be the ones texting to make sure you're on the way.