The Art of Everyday Decadence

A few days ago, I made a New Year's Resolution to actively seek out more decadence, more luxury and more sensuality in my everyday life.

And damn... 2011 is off to a fantastic start.

After spending New Year's Eve listening to ridiculously sexy blues at a great local venue and enjoying a late-night smorgasbord at one of Austin's most delicious 24-hour restaurants, I slept in til noon beneath a pile of fluffy down blankets and a mountain of pillows. I woke up to mind-blowing sex with an incredible man, and not long after, Britney and Maci came in and cuddled up in bed with us, and we all reflected on the prior evening's activities.

The four of us eventually got cleaned up and dressed, and embarked on an adventure to Whole Foods, where we each picked out a selection of freshly prepared foods and water to help counteract the copious amounts of wine and champagne from the night before. Sharing a delicious meal with friends out in the sun, with just slightly chilly breeze, was the perfect way to really wake up and start the New Year. Sitting there, relishing that moment... That's when I really decided to explore the meaning of everyday decadence.

I made plans with my NYE date to relax at home that night. We went back into Whole Foods, and stocked up on artisan cheeses, charcuterie, olives, fig paste, honey, fruits, nuts, vegetables, breads and crackers, caviar, crème fraîche, blinis, chocolates, Italian soda and Voss water. We returned to my high rise condo, arranged the bed in the living room so that we could lie back and gaze out over downtown, and put some brand-new super-soft linens on the bed.

I took my time slicing cheeses and meats, dishing out condiments and arranging everything on a tray. My lover poured some Italian soda and water - we both chose to avoid the champagne in the fridge - and turned on some romantic music and crawled into bed.

There are few things more sensual to me than sharing a wonderful meal with a lover, taking turns feeding each other and experiencing the variety of aromas, tastes and textures against your tongue, then kissing each other slowly and savoring those same foods in a new light as you taste their flavors on your lover's lips. So it makes perfect sense that our late-night dinner in bed evolved into a few hours of passion, then a restful sleep.

To sum it up, the first day of 2011 began and ended with pure bliss for me. I don't see why we can't have those same heavenly moments all the time, so I'm making it my personal mission to enjoy at least one decadent, self-indulgent or luxurious experience every day.

What are some of the decadent things you enjoy?
im straight up all about luxurious! i even take the dishes outta the sink before i pee in it. and as far as aromas in the bedroom.......well baby im your man!! pull my thumb!
eeee...I lovve this!! I am so happy that you live just a short elevator ride away from me

Now, while you enjoy cheeses and wine and whatever (which I do too, which, explains the frequent trips to our local wine bar where, coincidentally, everybody knows our name) I find simple pleasure in sitting on my kitchen counter, in undies and a band t-shirt, and devouring grapes and wheat thins. I also find hedonistic pleasure in planting my ass on the couch and watching an entire season of sitcoms via DVR; and in laying upside down off of my couch while listening to Hendrix.

Sometimes I just get drunk and fall in love with everybody.

Happy New Years
i enjoyed reading that
i enjoyed reading that Originally Posted by bubbaJay
your welcome!! lmao
which, explains the frequent trips to our local wine bar where, coincidentally, everybody knows our name Originally Posted by klovve
I would suggest that we go say hello to our wine bar friends, but we have 3 hours of quality television to watch tonight.

Sometimes I just get drunk and fall in love with everybody. Originally Posted by klovve
Are you saying that when you told me you loved me, I was just one of many? Sad.
To sum it up, the first day of 2011 began and ended with pure bliss for me. I don't see why we can't have those same heavenly moments all the time, so I'm making it my personal mission to enjoy at least one decadent, self-indulgent or luxurious experience every day.
Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
Now I'm pissed.....

I was home....

Sick......

with a house full of guests..... some i didn't like.....

got leftovers for lunch.....

and Wendy's for dinner and my taste buds were so screwed up I couldn't enjoy even that.....

in between it all I pissed off the only gal I really like......

Sunday the heater was out.....

I was STILL sick.....

Had to buy firewood and build a fire..... and heat one room of the house electrically because part stores were not open......

Making it worse.. I was invited to a brunch.... then no one told me when and where......

But I was sick and wouldn't have gone.....

But.. I wanted to know dammit.....

Today I had to come reopen the office after getting the heater fixed......

been working all day.... arguing with govt agents..... figuring out new paperwork.....

and trying to figure out how to kiss up to the gal I pissed off... (Yeah... Even I kiss up at times)....

I'm just starting to feel better.....

and your all having fun without me?

Although... Let me ASSURE you that even with all the ladies present I would not have come cuddled with the 4 of you Saturday morning..... I'm incredibly homophobic...... naked men scare me...

I'll need to make some plans to be more decadent though.....

maybe your next dinner party should take on a "Fall of the Roman Empire" theme.... I can wear a crown of leaves and a sheet and be fed grapes.....

I like grapes...... just pierce them with needles, slightly squeeze them and soak them in a good wine before chilling them... or freezing them and using them for ice cubes....

I'll work on some ideas.....
Britney and Maci came in and cuddled up in bed with us, and we all reflected on the prior evening's activities.

Gee, now you are just bragging! We could have sent Maci to go and cook us some breakfast or pick something up! Originally Posted by Natalie Reign

Sometimes I just get drunk and fall in love with everybody.

Happy New Years Originally Posted by klovve
I thought I special too.....

Making it worse.. I was invited to a brunch.... then no one told me when and where...... Originally Posted by Whispers
At least you got an invite somewhere!
Hmmm, and my New Year's resolution was to live 2011 in a hedonistic lifestyle commiserate with my free cash flow maybe I can modify that to read "decadent hedonistic lifestyle"....
I spent New Years Eve...Lounging around in my La Perla lingerie, smelling the beautiful scent of my new Voluspa candles while drinking champagne and listening to my favorite Sade songs. Alone.

I would have traded it all and would have rather been wearing Walmart PJ's...smelling vanilla tealights...while drinking $4.99 Beringer and listening to Am Radio. With someone who I loved and who loved me in return.

Not too long ago, I lived a life of extreme wealth...grew up in a life of poverty...and now live a life of comfort. I can honestly tell you that unless you live a genuine authentic life and are happy with the simple pleasures that life has to offer...no amount of expensive wine, candles, cheese...or water will bring you happiness.

**This post is not directed at anyone. Just reflecting on my own thoughts on the subject. Please refrain from smart ass remarks. My heart is a little sore right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
**On hiatus until second week of January.**

I will be taking 2011 off from my "real world" career and will be focusing on "Leslie Lane". Please be patient and I will return all e-mails by the end of the week. My self imposed rule of never seeing the same client more than once has now been lifted. (Those e-mails will now be returned as well.) Limited number of clients a month.

The new Maserati?? It was an offering (X-mas gift) from a nice gent for a set arrangement. I took a pic and declined it. Standing on my own two feet, feels better than being taken care of. I guess I didn't want a SD after all.....
LL...you know i was going to think of a smart ass remark just for you...but then i read your last sentence....and figured, its a new year so instead...
Im sure there is someone out there...yes even for you
You might even owe him a drink
I find beauty and decadence in almost anything. I love the smell of my leather floggers and the look/feel of vinyl. I have silk sheets for the spring and summer. Egyptian cotton sheets with a high thread count for the winter. I love to put essential oils in my bath tub water. I spray linen spray on my pillows so the smell like lavendar and vanilla. Oooohhh and sugar and salt scrubs feel sooo good when they lightly scratch my skin. I warm my towels in the dryer sometimes when I get out of the shower! I am the worst person to shop with, because I will touch all the soft fabrics and pet them like a weirdo. I just can't help myself... soft furry things feel good on the skin right?! I don't think things have to be expensive to find decadence in them. You just have to know where to look, eat, buy etc.
ohhh, 1000 count and up egyption cotton sheets for the winter, 400 count 19 momme silk sheets for the summer make for an amazing sleeping experience!
I don't think things have to be expensive to find decadence in them. You just have to know where to look, eat, buy etc. Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
You're exactly right, Brit. To me, decadence is more about finding extreme pleasure in your environment... indulging in the little things, allowing yourself to feel unrestrained gratification, and truly appreciating the moment you're in.

My slightly over-the-top New Year's Day was certainly beyond amazing, but I also find extreme pleasure in the simple things - the sweetness and softness of a perfectly ripened pear, the silky feel of a creamy lotion against my legs, and the crisp scent of the city on a cool day.

We live in such an amazing world. It's easy to find bliss if you're open to receiving it.
Do you know about the Russian banya? It’s an uncommonly decadent, hedonistic, refreshing, and rejuvenating experience, a mixture of sharply contrasting sensations. All Russians enjoy the banya. First there’s the cleansing moist heat of the banya – the Russian equivalent of a sauna. Red hot stones turn the water to steam. Then there’s whipping yourself with bunches of aromatic eucalyptus and birch leaves, stimulating circulation and opening your pores. Then finally a plunge into something very cold. In the country, at your dacha, you fling your naked steaming body into the nearest snowbank. In the big cities – like for instance, at Moscow’s ornate 19th century Sandunovsky Baths – you dive into the frigid water of a swimming pool. And then you do it all over again before wrapping yourself in a crisp linen sheet and sharing conversation, vodka, pickles, sausage, herring, cheese, and black bread with good friends.

С лёгким паром, Наталия!

Monk