Gifts: We've got it backwards!

While thinking about what might be an appropriate gift for a certain lady friend should I be able to see her again, a thought suddenly popped into my head: Ladies put in their profiles what gifts they like, guys buy said gifts and present them ... we're doing this backwards!

In every other industry that I've been associated with, it's the vendor who presents gifts to the client, in thanks for and appreciation of the business the client has provided the vendor. The other way around, it's like saying, "Please accept this gift as a token of my appreciation for allowing me to pay for your services."

Yeah, I know: not gonna happen. Still, I thought I'd share the musing on a Monday morning.
I can't always send a married man home with a gift, so I tend to do things like cook or have post-coital snacks available. Usually it's cookies at Christmas, because they can always say a coworker or someone, gave them to the gent.

I've been known to bring gifts back from my travels, for some of my gentlemen friends who are single. See? Not all of us are all "take" and no "give".

Hope you have a good day!
You do have a valid point as far as vendors showing there appreciation. As far as gifting goes, I personally do not have expectations, because it should be out of good intentions. I have had a client in the past who I often vacationed with. Gifting was also a part of our arrangement. It was never expected, but loved to see me smile and happy. It was always a pleasure to wake up in the morning and have a present laying by the bed. One time we went to jewelry store and had found a wonderful pair of earrings. As we were browsing I noticed him checking out a watch. Christmas time was coming up so a few days later I went back and bought him the watch. Now that is not something I do on a normal basis, but I wanted to let this individual know how much I appreciated his kindness and business. It was not expected and made me feel good to do that for him. If it was not for our clients we would not be running a successful business as we do now.
Sorry, Melannie, but I'm not the kind of client who can afford earrings, or, in the case of another provider I know, take a girl to Colorado and buy her a red Mustang. And a jewelry-store watch would definitely look out of place on my wrist. The guys in that league probably do deserve whatever tokens of appreciation you're willing to give them.

I understand the nature of boy-girl relationships and the maybe-she'll-like-me-more willingness of guys to bring gifts to girls and the willingness of women to exploit that. Hell, I'd do it too. I'm just musing, is all.
Sinse your musing, consider socal events or mixers. The seller has potentual clients pay to have a future chance to buy their servcies. Only in America!!! And, no. I am not complaining.
Well, if such things happen west of I-35W, I don't know about them, and east of I-35W might as well be Prague for me! I probably couldn't squeeze out the time to make one anyway.
It's just a convention of the business, I guess.

Just like when you go to a restaurant, it's customary for you to tip the waiter even though you're technically the client there.

Really depends on the industry you're in.
It always amazes me that guys are always trying to compare this business with others! there is no business like this one!
oh! the late Megan Marie used to bring me fresh eggs out of her henhouse and homemade candles that she made! miss her!
It always amazes me that guys are always trying to compare this business with others! there is no business like this one!
oh! the late Megan Marie used to bring me fresh eggs out of her henhouse and homemade candles that she made! miss her! Originally Posted by daddyo67
It amazes me when guys confuse this business with being anything but a business. I wouldn't expect a gift from a provider, but the degree of sucking up guys do does get extreme at times.
Lots of businesses have caps and shirts printed with thier business names on them and give them to cients to increase businees and advertise.....I have seen guys wearing strip club shirts....how about a new trend...provider shirts
when I lived in Oregon I would give my single clients gifts that I had bought wholesale.........like biker tshirts...bobblehead figurines......civil war memorabilia....and collector knives
{one of my guys still has the collector knife I gave him 7 years ago!}
I think giving gifts can go both ways.

I've given from something small as cuff links, humidors or bottles of alcohol, to something intimate as Thanksgiving meals and pedicures, to something opulent as Cowboys games and rounds of golf. He doesn't know it yet, but a special man is getting a bespoke suit from his favorite tailor since he's lost and still losing quite a bit of weight.

I know. My ATF's are spoiled. But I figure my gift-giving is probably on point with the average percentage of the total amount spent. I think you have to buy damn near $40 in smoothies in order to get one $3 free one nowadays.

Gift-giving to me isn't simply a gesture of appreciation. In this world, it says 'I think more of you than the circumstances in which we've met.'

Look at all that some of us do provide for you as hobbiest. Personaly i provide a very clean,safe and descreet incall. From the ambiance and aroma, to refreshing drinks and fully stocked shower and hygine. Not to mention the pride i take in looking good and being just right when you arive. All of that is a gift when you have a lot of providers who don't worry about any of that, as long as you walk in and leave the donation and leave. For my regular clients that are loyal and generous i do give special and personal gifts.
I have experienced gumbo lust for years now. I walk away hungry.

The hobby defies normal economic theory and models. Plus normal business practices do not apply. So what kind of gifts does Lancenotsomuch want from the ladies? Extra time? Off the menu services? Cash or cash equivalents?
All of that is a gift when you have a lot of providers who don't worry about any of that, as long as you walk in and leave the donation and leave. For my regular clients that are loyal and generous i do give special and personal gifts. Originally Posted by missblue
I appreciate lean and safe -- and won't proceed or return in their absence -- but they're not a gift, provided according to the lady's whim, energy level, or desire to express thanks to a client; that's part of what I'm paying for, included in the session fee.

pyramider, if you have trouble spelling the name correctly, you can always use cut-and-paste. Again, I was just musing about an idiosyncracy of the hobby, not suggesting or requesting anything in particular. Now, if we're serious about changing this -- and I don't think anyone is -- we could start by making fields in our ECCIe and P411 profiles for our favorite wines, after shaves, power tools, yard implements (I'll bet everyone chooses "hoe"), etc.