Joe Biden was denied communion at Catholic Church in S. Carolina.

Ouch.
That's not good. There goes the Catholic vote.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/polit...rch/index.html
The Catholic vote abandoned Biden when he dissed the Hyde act.
  • WTF
  • 10-29-2019, 03:24 PM
thing is, according to Polls, a large majority of Catholics support Abortion rights. that Priest may have acted in accordance with his faith, but unless he can get many more Priests to follow his lead, it looks more like a jab at Biden more than anything.
thing is, according to Polls, a large majority of Catholics support Abortion rights. that Priest may have acted in accordance with his faith, but unless he can get many more Priests to follow his lead, it looks more like a jab at Biden more than anything. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
No dumbass, he acted in accordance to the Catholic faith. The Pope can try to change it. That would be the end of the Catholic Church. It’s hanging by a thread already.
thing is, according to Polls, a large majority of Catholics support Abortion rights. that Priest may have acted in accordance with his faith, but unless he can get many more Priests to follow his lead, it looks more like a jab at Biden more than anything. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Link? By Abortion rights you mean abortion on demand? Abortion after second Trimester? Abortion in the case of rape or incest?

By Catholics you mean Italian Caths? US Caths? Brazilian Caths?

I'd like to see the Poll. I saw one Poll that asked Catholics various questions and 3% of the respondents called themselves "Catholics" but did NOT believe in Jesus Christ.

Catholics are hypocrites about abortion. they'll disown it as a cardinal sin but when some wild girl gets herself knocked up just see how fast the parents will hustle her off to the abortion clinic. i've seen this in action in Louisville where they have a large Catholic archdiocese with no less than 8 high schools, segregated of course. 4 girls 4 boys. them catholic girls like to party. and partying has .. consequences.

i'll challenge you to show a "large majority" Catholics support abortion in general. for rape or risk of the mother and/or the unborn child you'd expect many regardless of religion to support this and as i've said here before that should be a fundamental woman's right.

unless opinions have drastically changed the Catholics i knew were against abortion and considered it a sin. even us southern baptists also considered it a sin without the issue of rape or threat to the mother's life or the child. what moral ground can be claimed to force a woman to have a child with known severe birth defects? or have a healthy child but at risk of death to her?

the issue comes down to abortion simply because no one used contraception and that's on both parties involved and unless you show otherwise the Catholic church still will not openly support contraceptives not even a condominium .. er .. condom. bhaahaaa. so show me that the Catholics today have changed their prior views on abortion?
  • oeb11
  • 10-30-2019, 03:08 PM
TWK - I miss the MAGA girl avatar!
Biden is a flip flopper on issues - a consummate politician who will put out to the public what he thinks will sell.

What one priest does is not the Church as a whole - nor is it significant in the nominee process.

I think most Americans are generally ok with the abortion law as it exists - the controversy is led by the extremists on both sides - and that argument may be headed to the SC as certain States have passed laws designed to be prohibitive and appealed to the SC.

I do not believe that all Catholics have a uniform church-sanctioned view on abortion - as you have pointed out above.
TWK - I miss the MAGA girl avatar!
Biden is a flip flopper on issues - a consummate politician who will put out to the public what he thinks will sell.

What one priest does is not the Church as a whole - nor is it significant in the nominee process.

I think most Americans are generally ok with the abortion law as it exists - the controversy is led by the extremists on both sides - and that argument may be headed to the SC as certain States have passed laws designed to be prohibitive and appealed to the SC.

I do not believe that all Catholics have a uniform church-sanctioned view on abortion - as you have pointed out above. Originally Posted by oeb11

she'll be back, once i've had my fun poking a stick in WTF's eye.

until then ..

and Yssup Rider complained this was an illegal "underage anime girl" right!!

Of course Zombies are denied communion, all undead are.
Nothing new.
Originally Posted by matchingmole
You are not going to find a Catholic priest state he supports abortion. However, you will find that Catholics in this country in general are split on the abortion issue:

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...bout-abortion/

OEB, on this issue the Catholic church is VERY specific. Abortion is not supported under any conditions.