Update on Me lol

So I kinda want to get any legal advise I can on here from anyone who knows anything about legal stuff haha...

I have been going to the doctors since I retired and I have paid out the ass in copays and gas driving and medications.. And I was getting super sick all the time. So my mother tells me I need to go get a second opinion about this whole breast cancer thing so I go to of course the University of Michigan and they do multiple test and all that good stuff and proceeds to tell me I do not have breast cancer I have cysts on my boobs and that they have no idea why my doctor would say that I have cancer when they are clearly cyst.

So my question is what happens to all the money I have paid in copays and on medication and time off work due to being sick?? Can I legally sue my doctor? Any input would be great.

Also I am now coming back due to not having to be away... So get ready because I am backed up from lack of fun.
Great news, first off. Legally, it might be the examiner, who is, at all, responsible. Your GP, simply, relays diagnoses... Might even consider, yes, a third opinion, now, that you've got 2 differing consultations. Best of luck.
Not sure on the legal aspect of things but I'm glad to hear all is ok with you beautiful good news to hear
The second doctor even had someone else come in and look and they said the same thing they are cysts... thank you guys for the kind words though
It sure sounds like a good malpractice case, but then I am not a lawyer. If you have insurance, talk to your insurance agent, they might have some good knowledge about the situation.

Oh, and celebrate the great news!!
Happy to hear your good news. Now call a lawyer and file a claim against the doctor. You are entitled to a refund of any expenses you needlessly had, and throw in another 5 figures for pain, suffering and a punitive penalty for the dumbass who mis-diagnosed you. You can biopsy a cyst in the office. Do everyone else a favor and have your attorney also file a complaint with the state medical board and if he's a quack, you can get him out of practice..... Or make his malpractice premiums so expensive he can't operate. Our family went through a similar incident when a doctor misdiagnosed a lung tumor for what turned out to be a cyst, but he didn't get it right until the old man had his ribs cracked open and his lung opened up. With today's technology, we have to be smarter than that.
Omg thats crazy... yeah I am gonna look into this for sure.
Glad you are ok, I read some of your reviews and I can't wait to meet you!
Glad to hear your very good bit of news, Keeki!

As to anything legal I'm willing to bet that by doing what you're doing, asking around, you'll get some good advice. But you will have to do that "locally". Or within the state of Michigan.
Most attorneys will offer a free consultation just see what your story is. Might only be meeting with a paralegal but they will know their stuff.
Be sure to discuss or ask about fees and percentages. Most likely if it is as simple as it sounds there will be a settlement and you'll want to know what amount goes to legal.
Do shop around.

Again, that is some great news.
I just want to say I'm super happy it's not cancer.
You should really look into suing that other doctor. Omg yes at least get a few consultations about it.
Good to hear its not cancer!
  • AvgJo
  • 11-24-2016, 08:18 AM
Was there ever a biopsy performed???
Thanks everyone.. Im gonna look into getting legal help here in Michigan then go from there.. My brother said that this doctor is also the same doctor that told him my niece needed back surgery and when he got a second opinion he found out that she didnt she just needed physical therapy..I really think hes a quack.. Trying to make money is all he is trying to do.. No he never did a biopsy he did an ultrasound on my right boob and thats what he came up with.
Wow, you always do a biopsy just to make sure it is not cancer. Even if the Doctor is 90% sure it is not cancerous.
Glad you are dong well.. Just to be clear, the feeling crappy was due to the meds, right? If not, keep digging looking for the source.

Do talk to lawyers, but don't get your hopes up. The cost of malpractice litigation is so high that the payout has to be huge in order to be worth it. You did not die and are not crippled, so not a big case from a legal point of view.

On the other hand, a good lawyer can probably get you a small payout (5k?) by sending letters.