Warning Message

I use Mozilla Firefox web browser and I received the following screen when I tried to get on this site..........

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.eccie.net has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.
Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Then When I clicked on the little "more information" button in the corner, I received this screen

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for www.eccie.net

What is the current listing status for www.eccie.net?
This site is not currently listed as suspicious.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 47 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-09-17, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-09-17. Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including bluebooze.ru/.
This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS19066 (WIREDTREE), AS13768 (PEER1).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.eccie.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
Next steps:I had to use internet explorer to reach the site. Anyone else having trouble using Firefox?
On the home page, a couple times tonight, my antivirus popped up a warning. If it happens again I'll get a screen capture and post it.
Had a similar issue with Google Chrome
I got an earlier message from my macafee that a script was blocked. I use internet explorer.
I use AVG and Google chrome and the link scanner feature also reported and blocked potential Virus threats related to my browser on Friday. I closed the browser two times and reopened the site on chrome and the message appeared each time. I did not try again after nor switched browsers after the 3rd warning. today, I did maintainence and scans on my system and found nothing unusual had occurred from the incidents. But when trying to post this I got a malware warning page that came up as I was trying to post this. I shut down the browser and opened it from Internet explorer to see if it happened there as well.

No pop up or warning on IE. It my be affecting the Browser.
I to use AVG and got a Attack pop up yesturday haven't had any today.

I am getting this when I try to access thru google?

I have the latest malware removal, anti virus firewall etc. installed.

I don't seem to have any issue thru IE thou.
Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!

Suggestions: Or you can continue to http://eccie.net/ at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Advisory provided by
AVG nailed an a virus attempt from the site yesterday as well for me....
Looks like we aren't the only ones that have seen this, and the developers are aware if the problem.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=101249
  • EENY
  • 09-18-2010, 08:54 AM
every page iu try using mozella or ie both ghive me warnings says the home page contains malware
It happened to me yesterday with AVG
With FireFox, I can get in the site after ignoring the warning, but the formatting is messed up and I cannot post anything.

I now have to use Internet Explorer for this site.
I got same messages also ,so I went to tools, options then unchecked "block reported attack sites ,,then it let me in with no problem
I got same messages also ,so I went to tools, options then unchecked "block reported attack sites ,,then it let me in with no problem Originally Posted by buffalo tongue
I am reluctant to turn off this protection altogether in FireFox. With Internet Explorer, I can name ECCIE as a "trusted site".

Let's hope that ECCIE can be taken off the "attack sites" list soon.
  • m2244
  • 09-18-2010, 04:27 PM
ahh good thing I just read this I have been freaking out all day about pop ups from mcafee saying it is a attack site also. I turned it off and I haven't had a problem yet, but now I am a little worried I am going to ruin my computer ;(