WKRP Thanksgiving Turkey Drop!!

As much as I love Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special with those Dolly Madison Treats(really dating myself here). There is only 1 Thanksgiving Classic. I give you Les Nessman Buckeye in the Sky coming live from The Turkey Drop!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

May all my ECCIE Brothers and Sisters Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!! Gobble Gobble!!!!!
  • Colby
  • 11-28-2013, 07:27 AM
ABSOLUTELY hilarious!!!

Happy Thanksgiving all
Von,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and thanks for a classic. Love those old shows and they definitely don't make them like they used to.
  • theG
  • 11-28-2013, 07:41 AM
oh the humanity.
"Pinedale shopping mall has been bombed with live turkeys"
That just might be the all time funniest comedy sketch on TV. I laughed my butt off when it was live and laugh every TurkeyDay when I think about ol Les.

Thanks for posting that!!!
Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels....
as god is my witness i thought turkeys could fly\
I remember the original show, wow, JR
  • BigKC
  • 11-28-2013, 07:47 PM
One of the greatest lines in sitcom history!
I remember seeing this in 1978.
...a classic TV moment!
Omg that was funny! I loved watching reruns of that show but haven't ever seen that one!
The greatest single sitcom episode in television history, imho.

You can find quite a few full episodes on Hulu, but, unfortunately, they've substituted "generic" songs for the rock originals that were initially in the shows due to copyright infringement claims (the producers didn't get perpetual rights to use those songs, so they had to be taken out after a few years -- that's one of the reasons the show isn't in heavy syndication these days). It makes a difference. For example, check out this clip starting at the 15:00 minute mark (it's the great "Les putting on a wig to get ready for his date with Jennifer" scene) http://www.hulu.com/watch/291 Still funny, but the song in the original was Hot Blooded by Foreigner (the real song by the real band). Imagine how hilarious that was.
  • theG
  • 11-30-2013, 12:08 AM
I remember this episode. Still one of the funniest half hours ever on TV.