Texting to setup appointments, flaky providers

Greetings all!

Am I the only one (or in the minority), who prefers texting a provider to check availability and make initial introductions? It certainly doesn't seem to be the norm, and some go so far as to flat out nit answer or even say in their ads not to text.

I'm curious about the reason for this... would appreciate any thoughts.

For me, I can't usually make calls while at work, but I can text discreetly, do its much easier to do.

Thanks!

Follow up question: Did I get on a blacklist somehwere? Several providers I've attempted to text either have not responded at all. Or is everyone just super busy right now for some reason?
Some people providers only use text, some never use text. Some at least like to talk on the phone before meeting someone the first time, as it can give a little bit better idea about potential chemistry.

Read the ads, some providers say one way or the other about texting.
I won't talk on the phone until I meet you. My phone is a throw away and can't be traced back to me. If I talk on the phone they can record my voice and connect me to the voice. Probably doesn't matter, but I feel safer.
I like texting especially if I am making contact in the early, early morning hours.

Sometimes you might see a posting at 1 am or 3 am or so and if say it happens to work
out that you can play at 6 or 7 am and want to inquire, I find texting to be less intrusive
than a ringing cellphone would be.

I think some don't like to text since some dumb ass guys will think it's okay to flirt through texting and thus eat up valuable minutes on a burner phone. Or it can just be annoying unless you're intent on booking something.

Some girls might not answer any text so as not to encourage more. Or some might not even have it available on their phone by design.

If an ad listing or profile says NO texting, then do certainly respect that.

On a slightly different subject, I have noticed a bit lately when inquiring about rates, etc, I've gotten several replies that make a point about calling them donations.
Silly girl.
Don't know who is telling them that but it sure ain't going to make a bit of difference.
I think it's mostly a LE precaution/safety measure. If you talk on the phone, unless the phone is tapped, the conversation is gone after it concludes, like a fart in the wind. Even if it is tapped, most providers know what to say (and what not to say) in order to minimize risk.

Texts, however, leave a trail that is easily accessible. Even if they are "deleted," texts can still be accessed in a number of different ways after deletion. And if a hobbyist/provider's phone is seized with texts still on it...that's a nightmare for those two, PLUS everyone else whose texts remain on the phone.

I'm definitely not saying calls are the clearly superior alternative, hell, I text too. But I can see where "no text" providers are coming from.
I never call or text the first time I contact a provider.I pm through eccie or my p411 account.Pretty much only see p411 providers. Much safer in my opinion .
I prefer email contact or phone contact....I hate texting! But if you email or phone,you will get me!
I prefer email contact or phone contact....I hate texting! But if you email or phone,you will get me! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Okay if you don't like texting and you can call Dallas and she can schedule for me and if you hate talking text me and I will schedule for Dallas.
Problem solved. lol
Okay if you don't like texting and you can call Dallas and she can schedule for me and if you hate talking text me and I will schedule for Dallas.
Problem solved. lol Originally Posted by Ms.Lady Y
Who do we call if we want you both.......
Who do we call if we want you both....... Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing
If you want to call, call Dallas. If you want to text, text me!
  • Netx9
  • 08-06-2014, 04:35 PM
I prefer email contact or phone contact....I hate texting! But if you email or phone, you will get me! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Damn straight you will!!
You can always email me and I will get right back to you. Call me until your blue in the face and I will never answer. I have the ringer off. I don't even talk to friends and family on my private phone, that's how much I hate talking on the phone. They always text me "mom answer the phone". lol
I hate texting and it's just plain stupid...plus everyone's doing it while driving. I swear, I'm gonna shoot the next texting driver I see !!!! Oh, it's a bad hobbying idea, too...
Prefer email, text, pm (p411/eccie), calls (calls only after you've been screened) in that order.
All about how you present yourself even with texting ..... some get lazy like all basic etiquette in how you get screened etc goes out the window because of texting. I treat it just like email .... a text just saying hey you available won't get a response just like an email saying only that won't get one either. Btw in general if you're getting no response at all from any providers when you text them (and they allow texting) they might or might not be flaky or super busy at all and it's possible the issue could be whatever you might be saying to them (or not including upon first contact).
Lady Y/Dallas and Mocha...text,call,email......d o whatever ya gotta do.....just get there....lol!
{this is not a shameless ad}