Will The Ukrainians Really Fight??

We keep seeing reports of how the Ukrainians are preparing for a guerrilla type warfare against the invading Russians. College students are making Molotov Coctails, every citizen possible is being issued an assault rifle and plenty of ammo.

Of course, most of the pundits are saying it is really an exercise in futility, the Russian war machine will simply be too much.

Women and children are being ushered to safety, every able bodied man is expected to stay and fight. Is it possible that a well armed citizenry could actually make life so miserable for any Russian Soldier that they would loose their will to fight?

It has happened before. In Afghanistan.

My next question would be if the US found it’s self in the same predicament as Ukraine, would we actually fight, or curl up into a fetal position and admit defeat.

The odds are against Ukraine. No other Country can send in troops because Putin has his finger on the Nuclear button.

But we can furnish the Ukrainians with the means to kill every damned Russian soldier they lay eyes on and put a Javeline Missle into every armored vehicle they can find.

Maybe we are witnessing something historical. People who have tasted freedom are willing to stand up against a huge “Thugocracy” and show the World that there are things worth fighting for.
Hats off to the Ukrainians.
According to WION news, an Indian news outlet, there are already 17,000 foreign fighters in Ukraine.
Seems like many of them are fighting.

War is full of rumers. I have seen a story that says thr Russian rank and file troops don't want to.
I have seen the same reports. Many of the Russians are conscripts and did not even know they were going to a real live “shooting war”.

But then, who knows what to believe.

I still say it would be great if the Ukrainians had the equipment to turn that much publicized 40 mile long Russian Convoy into a Road of Death.
In Hollywood, someone would leave about six fully armed Warthogs on some runway in Poland. Some average guys would steal them and go on a joy run down that highway. Like a big video game.
Snark, JD.
We keep seeing reports of how the Ukrainians are preparing for a guerrilla type warfare against the invading Russians. College students are making Molotov Coctails, every citizen possible is being issued an assault rifle and plenty of ammo... Originally Posted by Jackie S
Those folk are tough. Goes back generations. They ain't skeered to fight.
At least they are keyboard warriors wanting a 2nd civil war, like folks on ECCIE. Those are real fighters.

Hats off to Ukrainians.
  • WTF
  • 03-02-2022, 02:41 PM
Those folk are tough. Goes back generations. They ain't skeered to fight. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Kinda like the Taliban
Seems like many of them are fighting.

War is full of rumers. I have seen a story that says thr Russian rank and file troops don't want to. Originally Posted by ICU 812

this ...

Some Russian Troops are Surrendering or Sabotaging Vehicles, Pentagon Official Says

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-t...130211053.html

they are pussies.

bahhahahhahaaaaa
Kinda like the Taliban Originally Posted by WTF
Kinda, minus the locally grown recreational vegetation crop.
...every citizen possible is being issued an assault rifle and plenty of ammo... Originally Posted by Jackie S
By assault rifle, do you mean one of those mythical, scary looking thing-a-ma-jobbies? Ironically enough, they are likely getting full-auto Kalashnikovs with Bear Ammo. Inexpensive, yet gets the job done in close range.
Those folk are tough. Goes back generations. They ain't skeered to fight. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Courage does not mean “lack of fear”

Courage is doing something in spite of your fear.
...Some Russian Troops are Surrendering or Sabotaging Vehicles, Pentagon Official Says... Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
So you are saying - the LambScreamMedia (LSM) told you - that the government said - and you're buying it sight unseen? I was hoping we have not gotten to the Carvanna version in propaganda yet.