Favorite meet up groups?

I've decided to get more social this year and want to join to some meet up groups. Ya'll seriously don't know just how hard this is for me. I'm good one on one, but I have social anxiety in big groups. I want to overcome that while doing things that interest me.

I am interested in trying barefoot running, paddle boarding, writing groups, improv and spoken word groups.

Has anyone tried these? I don't literally mean those in particular, but in general. How was your experience? We're the people cool?

Thoughts?

Scarlett
Hi Scarlett, have you ever been to one of the meet and great socials? It's not one of the ones you mentioned but they are a good place to meet other likeminded members. I'm shy and I find meeting the ladies in a none BCD envirment is nice. As to the barefoot running I would not recommend that as it is not good for your feet (I love feet) unless you do it in the sand. Good luck in your search.

IB
Always been interested in the "meet up" thing but never tried it. Hope you do try it and i hope it goes well for you...i know how intimidating large groups can be which is why i never make it to a social haha i get all pumped up and i guess overthink it before i can actually go for it. One on one is easier for sure. If you try em i hope you share your experience
Girl I say go for it, i do meet up for bi poly women and have a great group of friends from it. i recommend it.
Sounds nice, Sue. I found one I want to go to. Thanks for the input guys. Have a great night.
  • tzv13
  • 07-20-2015, 07:19 PM
Meetup.com there's an app also. Find something that interests you and check it out. The groups vary in size for the different topics. I use it a lot for activities for my kids.
  • Loxly
  • 07-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Meetup.com there's an app also. Find something that interests you and check it out. The groups vary in size for the different topics. I use it a lot for activities for my kids. Originally Posted by tzv13
True. I used it in Maryland to join dance groups. Had some really nice formal events as well.
Good idea, Tzv13!!! Iron Butterfly, I've been to a few of the socials. I get out to them on occasion.
  • tzv13
  • 07-20-2015, 09:05 PM
There are all kinds of groups you can hook up with on meetup. It's a great resource. I also use Do512 a lot as well. Not just for kids activities, but for fun free or economic events and things.
You're pretty fly for a white guy. I'm listening to Green Day for some reason. Couldn't help it! Hehe.
Offspring. Dammit man. Looks like I need to join a music history group. Lmfao. ��
Scarlett, I recently saw a website for an improvisationall barefoot paddle-boarding on leggos. I will PM the link to you.
  • tzv13
  • 07-21-2015, 01:01 AM
You're pretty fly for a white guy. I'm listening to Green Day for some reason. Couldn't help it! Hehe. Originally Posted by Scarlett De Rossi
I'm not white.
I'm just being goofy!

Legos? Ouch! You are an evil man, Mr.Peabody! I am against Legos after the little bastards and my kiddo conspired to kill me with them last year. I lived but it was a close call. Foot in boot for 6 weeks!
Green day and offspring have very similar sound, nice to know you rock

IB