Looking for a place in austin

I just recently got promoted to a position here in austin and i have need of a place here so i dont have to commute back to san antonio everyday and if i have a playdate i dont have to figure something out. Something central would be best im guessing as might be going from slaughter up pass north austin.

Looking for something in a safe area thats not to expensive as it would be a secondary place and size isnt an issue just dont want to do just room as i will be having guests lol. Any help or points in the right direction would be awesome
[QUOTE=black5uperman;1057113094 Something central would be best im guessing as might be going from slaughter up pass north austin.

[/QUOTE]

If I read this right, that's... pretty much all of Austin? Slaughter is about as South Austin as you can get. That said, South Austin is THE BEST.

I did a lot of driving between San Antonio and Austin for a while and being in South Austin was a life saver. The major traffic starts north of Ben White, so if you'll be going between the two cities often, I'd stay south.

There are a lot of new, nice shiny places and things to do in the super south Slaughter/MoPac area, but it is pretty isolated from the rest of Austin. Further up Brodie and Westgate towards Lamar might be more practical, but then you're going to be way on the other side of town from I35.

I used to live in the Southpark Meadows area. Again, lots of nicer apartments and shopping and such, for a good price, but it's pretty far south. However, it never felt that far away from downtown because 35 is right there. Also, I could get to 1604 in about 45 minutes.

Right now I'm south-central and I love it. I can be downtown in 10 minutes, but I can also completely avoid traffic when I want to go out and run errands or get dinner, even during rush hour. It's not a beautiful area, my own apartment was built a while ago, like many around here, but it's safe and very convenient.

I used to live in the S. Lamar/Ben White area, and I think there's more crime there than here. I got robbed once, and a few times strange people came to my door late at night (and no, I did was not doing any incalls at the time :P)

That's my two cents.
Thanks for the great info. I think i will take your consideration i just want somewhere safe to bring guest to as i said im not saying the night there as i must go home to the lady just looking for a get away. So somewhere without a lot of questions asked would be ideal. I dont need current residence called and such. If any ideas would be awesome