Too much gas :-(

Yesterday (by accident) I left the gas in my oven on from 7am until 8pm, 13 hours at 410 degrees ... in all my years on earth, I have never done this ...

How much will this increase my gas bill, I'm assuming it will be pretty substantial ... at least $50 bucks?

The title of my thread is catchy, don't ya think
It all depends on how well your oven holds the heat.
410 is a fairly high amount of heat to maintain.
It holds heat terrible. It's a 7/8 year old maytag. The outside and front of the oven actual get hot to the touch after only about 20 minutes at 350.
I would think the door should take a while to get hot to the touch. It should be insulated. I wouldn't think your oven would use much more than 15,000 btu/hour.....if that. I'm sure someone on here will know much more than I do
The headline had me thinking about a different type of gas. LOL
i think you won't even notice unless that's the only gas user you have. 15 dollars of propane will run a smoker burner for days.
Hold on... Doesn't that release carbon monoxide? Or does it have to be open?
in hooker physics, it's a very simple fuel through a burner that delivers near-perfect oxidation. So the products of combustion include very little, if any, carbon monoxide.

edit: if it did....along with old fashion space heaters....the world would be dead already (except all you whores that can't cook)
I'm sure someone on here will know much more than I do Originally Posted by tbone2u
About ovens....maybe.

About whores,....not possible.

=======

Ok so bones is close....the typical oven burner duty is 15 to 18 thousand Btu per hour. let's say 18000.

so 18000 btu/hr x 13 hours = 234000 btu

natural gas heating value = 1000 btu/scf

so 234000 btu ÷1000 btu/scf = 234 scf

say her gas rate is 3 $ per thousand scf....

234 scf * 3$ / 1000 scf = 0.702 $

So...assuming

-- the burner never cycled (full on with high heat loss)

-- her gas rate is 3 $/mscf (slightly above trading rate)

.....the cost would be 70 cents.

Say the insulation is half assed or better, ..35 cents.

Say the duty was even lower because she wasn't actually cooking anything, ...25 cents.

Q.E.D.
over / under on if she actually checks back and responds?
^^^^ hey, hey, hey .... I always respond, but I won't have time to thoroughly read and respond to this thread until tomorrow
Thanks GS
Mrs. Brooke.....you're in good hands
^^^^ hey, hey, hey .... I always respond, but I won't have time to thoroughly read and respond to this thread until tomorrow Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
not true
....in hooker physics,..... Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
"Hooker Physics"....lol

Damn, GS, I think you've hit on the title name for a new forum on Icky....think of the possibilities....
GlobeSpotter,

That's quite impressive.

I love it when members from eccie have the know how to answer questions like this.