t laws madating requirement of vaccinations

why?
I know Blaylock is against vaccinations and even lists some ways to help if vaccinations are forced
http://www.rense.com/general87/vaccin.htm

but don't get vaccinated, and get measles/polio?
I dont see evidence that getting those diseases is better than being vaccinated(although vaccinations do carry risk, as the Mds tell you)
http://globenewswire.com/news-releas...d-Disease.html

so I think you should get vaccinated, but I don't think the gub has a right to make you get vaccinated
why?
I know Blaylock is against vaccinations and even lists some ways to help if vaccinations are forced
http://www.rense.com/general87/vaccin.htm

but don't get vaccinated, and get measles/polio?
I dont see evidence that getting those diseases is better than being vaccinated(although vaccinations do carry risk, as the Mds tell you)
http://globenewswire.com/news-releas...d-Disease.html

so I think you should get vaccinated, but I don't think the gub has a right to make you get vaccinated Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
I agree with you.
If you remember polio you would like vaccinations or smallpox if you choose.
If you remember polio you would like vaccinations or smallpox if you choose. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Let the idiots get measles... they'll wish to fuck they'd gotten the shot then.
  • WTF
  • 02-08-2015, 04:31 PM
The success of the vaccinations has made people idiots. You damn right the government should be able to make you get it ....just like the government can put you in isolation if you come down with some deadly contagious disease like Ebola.
If they find a vaccination for Ebola there will be some who will not get it.
If they find a vaccination for Ebola there will be some who will not get it. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Those would be the smart people.

Jim
One of the misconceptions about those that oppose vaccinations is they are right wing fanatics. In truth, most are what we used to call "yuppies", upper middle class city dwellers and suburbanites who have bought into the whole autism/vaccination link.

I think these people are just flat wrong. I remember the big "polio" scare of the '50's, I had both the Salk and Sabin vaccine, the first by needle, the second on a sugar cube, and I can still see my small pox vaccine scar. I was naturally vaccinated fore everything else, because I had all the childhood ailments, including whooping cough.

If you don't want your kids vaccinated, your a idiot.

But, in one respect, I think doctors are too over zealous. Instead of giving newborns multiple vaccines at once, why not space them out to give the body time to react.

Of course, when I was drafted back in 1968, in the 5th week of basic training, we all lined up to get a shot for every known malady known to mankind. They used those darned air guns. And yes, we felt like shit for about a week. They didn't give a shit if you already had a shot for something, you got it again.

And you better not loose that shot card. If you did, you were apt to have to do it all over again.

I always wondered what the "plague" shot was. It was on the card.
  • Old-T
  • 02-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Once again a nice post by Jackie S.

I see little difference between requiring vaccinations and outlawing open sewers in cities. It is a public health issue.

Question: if you don't get vaccinated, get the disease (whichever one you like--let's say small pox for sake of argument) and you then pass it to three other people who die from it, what liability do you have? Should you have? At what point does it sound like wrongful death?
  • WTF
  • 02-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Those would be the smart people.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Do you want to go back to the days of polio and small pox and many other diseases that were eradicated in this country?

That is the road your attitude is leading us down.
I see little difference between requiring vaccinations and outlawing open sewers in cities. It is a public health issue. Originally Posted by Old-T
While I generally get the "don't want the government telling people what to do" concerns.. bottom line.. you have no more "right" to pee and crap in a "thunder jug" and toss the results out in the street in the morning...than you do to "choose" not to get your kids vaccinated.

Time to tell the "Whole Foods, No Hormones in my free range chicken, Everyone one should be an organics only Vegan Liberals" to shut up and get the kids their required shots. And the same for the "My right to arm bears, Get Government out of my house, Ruby Ridge Conspiracy nuts".
Once again a nice post by Jackie S.

I see little difference between requiring vaccinations and outlawing open sewers in cities. It is a public health issue.

Question: if you don't get vaccinated, get the disease (whichever one you like--let's say small pox for sake of argument) and you then pass it to three other people who die from it, what liability do you have? Should you have? At what point does it sound like wrongful death? Originally Posted by Old-T
Too many people view this strictly from the individual rights point of view.

But infants are too young to receive vaccines and some other children - like ones with leukemia - have never been able to get vaccinated.

Every one of them is susceptible to diseases like measles and their only defense is herd immunity. They need everyone around them to be free of measles (i.e., vaccinated) and other contagious diseases.

So, when some asshole talks about how it should be up to the individual to choose for himself, that person clearly does not understand that he is choosing for others as well. Including his own unvaccinated children.
Do you want to go back to the days of polio and small pox and many other diseases that were eradicated in this country? Originally Posted by WTF
No of course not. I am not against immunization. But whether you realize it or not vaccines take a very long time to develop and perfect before they can be introduced to the public. If they came out with a vaccine for Ebola next month of course I wouldn't take it. I wouldn't trust it's effectiveness or it's safety showing up at pharmacies and Doctors offices that soon. Those that do could be taking a hell of a chance.

Jim
  • WTF
  • 02-08-2015, 07:34 PM
No of course not. I am not against immunization. But whether you realize it or not vaccines take a very long time to develop and perfect before they can be introduced to the public. If they came out with a vaccine for Ebola next month of course I wouldn't take it. I wouldn't trust it's effectiveness or it's safety showing up at pharmacies and Doctors offices that soon. Those that do could be taking a hell of a chance.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Jim there are a group of loons not getting their children vaccinated and political loons defending their right not to. Reversing decades of eradication.
Jim there are a group of loons not getting their children vaccinated and political loons defending their right not to. Reversing decades of eradication. Originally Posted by WTF
I know Iam aware of that. The public school system has always required that children entering Kindergarten were caught up on their vaccinations. Rubella (Measles), Chicken Pox and the Mumps were the three main required vaccinations. I received mine and still came down with the measles and chicken pox very minor occurrences. When you're young your body already harbors these viruses the vaccine gives your immune system a jump start to acquire the immunity for the remainder of your life, hopefully. Now there is an on going trend where more and more children are being home schooled and parents who home school their children are advocating that vaccinations are no longer necessary. Which of course isn't true, because if an adult wasn't vaccinated for measles, CP and mumps as a child and happens to come down with any of these diseases as an adult the complications can be life threatening.

JIm