What's in being verified?

So, I pay P411 $130 bucks to be verified but it seems a little crazy. First of all they can't just call my employer like you could in the good ole days...I work for a multi state, multi national company that has subcontracted as much out as possible including HR services and payroll. If anybody wants to verify my employment, they have to go through this third party and pay $30. Well, you don't think P411 is going to do that? Heck no! So, they call me and have me send more documentation then I did to get a car loan. I send it all to them but as I do I'm thinking what does all this really prove. In my opinion, it only proves I am who I say I am but doesn't prove what I'm not. I can verify where I live and that I have utilities billed to me at that location. I can verify I've got at least one job and they send me a check every two weeks. But that's it... The system doesn't verify who I'm not and that's what a provider really wants to know. They want to know if I'm a LE or criminal or history of abuse or etc. I'm thinking that's a lot of money to pay for something they really can't provide. Has anyone tried the company advertised here "Re-Verified.com" as an alternative? At least it's free for the hobbyist.
In all honesty, I don't give much credence to anything but a personal reference from a verified provider. And in SBC, I require a security question....some small detail that I may ask a potential client regarding his meeting with the ladies he used as refs. Something LE wouldn't know. This has become my way of ensuring i am giving/getting a ref for a Person, not a handle.
As for P411, I view it as a way to easily contact your recent okays for that personal ref.
I know there are other ladies who use other methods, and I don't knock them at all, just as there are many ways for y'all to verify Us.
I do realize it is difficult for a new hobbyist, particularly in this town right now. Just try to be patient, and understand we value YOUR safety as well as our own
You can get the free trial of p411 for 6 months, you just need 2 providers to vouch for you, and you don't have to give personal info.

Personally, I let the free trial expire, I'm NOT gonna shell out $129 for it. It really depends on how often you hobby. If you hobby once in a blue moon, DO IT! If you're a frequent flyer, then don't. Just my $.02.

MMM is on point for SBC regarding security questions, it's the best way to go, regarding the area.
You can get the free trial of p411 for 6 months, you just need 2 providers to vouch for you, and you don't have to give personal info.

Personally, I let the free trial expire, I'm NOT gonna shell out $129 for it. It really depends on how often you hobby. If you hobby once in a blue moon, DO IT! If you're a frequent flyer, then don't. Just my $.02.

MMM is on point for SBC regarding security questions, it's the best way to go, regarding the area. Originally Posted by mrredcat43
bingo!

they don't have much or any of my info.. just had two girl refer me and that was that. Trial was over paid via disposable card and I'm good for a couple more months lol
Well, I get an email stating they've received all the requested information and it will take 2-3 business days to "process" my application. But wait there's more (as said with my best TV announcer voice)! For an addition $100, they'll rush it! What the heck are they rushing? Nothing to process... Can't process my check stub from work, can't process copies of bills, can't process my ID... I haven't signed anything more than you can call my job and that isn't going to tell you anything... I really looks to me that they would provide more information that a Provider would want to know by running a standard background check and a financial report then what they're doing as a verification process now. At least with a criminal background check and a credit report, you'd get a pretty good idea if I was a trust worthy person, and that might be worth something. I think I can now write a review... Because I think I just got screwed for $130! And they even tried to up charge it!!!
That's funny.

This site has made me curious. It has also made me paranoid. So far the paranoia has won out.

I don't consider any of this safe. Sure ECCIE is safer than BP simply due to having memberships and moderators but it is only a matter of time before LE gets in. Same with the verification sites like P411. All of that information can be faked. Or more likely a busted hobbyist turns over is passwords. Either way it is just a matter of time.
. . . I think I can now write a review... Because I think I just got screwed for $130! And they even tried to up charge it!!! Originally Posted by Waterloggedhead

That's the most entertaining thing I've read today!!! Thanks for the laugh.
So, I pay P411 $130 bucks to be verified but it seems a little crazy. First of all they can't just call my employer like you could in the good ole days...I work for a multi state, multi national company that has subcontracted as much out as possible including HR services and payroll. If anybody wants to verify my employment, they have to go through this third party and pay $30. Well, you don't think P411 is going to do that? Heck no! So, they call me and have me send more documentation then I did to get a car loan. I send it all to them but as I do I'm thinking what does all this really prove. In my opinion, it only proves I am who I say I am but doesn't prove what I'm not. I can verify where I live and that I have utilities billed to me at that location. I can verify I've got at least one job and they send me a check every two weeks. But that's it... The system doesn't verify who I'm not and that's what a provider really wants to know. They want to know if I'm a LE or criminal or history of abuse or etc. I'm thinking that's a lot of money to pay for something they really can't provide. Originally Posted by Waterloggedhead
Would you like a pacifier to help calm down your damn whining?
Eccie does not run P411.
Contact the HBIC at P411. Geezus!
Well, I get an email stating they've received all the requested information and it will take 2-3 business days to "process" my application. But wait there's more (as said with my best TV announcer voice)! For an addition $100, they'll rush it! What the heck are they rushing? Nothing to process... Can't process my check stub from work, can't process copies of bills, can't process my ID... I haven't signed anything more than you can call my job and that isn't going to tell you anything... I really looks to me that they would provide more information that a Provider would want to know by running a standard background check and a financial report then what they're doing as a verification process now. At least with a criminal background check and a credit report, you'd get a pretty good idea if I was a trust worthy person, and that might be worth something. I think I can now write a review... Because I think I just got screwed for $130! And they even tried to up charge it!!! Originally Posted by Waterloggedhead
Take a nap
I really wasn't whining as much as giggling about the process and some of the ridiculous procedures they used. I didn't invent the game but if I want to play, you got to follow the rules... And I'm okay with that. It makes life interesting! I enjoyed sharing because I thought some others would get a kick out of it. And I enjoyed your comment, I laughed at that too. I do have to admit, there are some really great people here. I haven't met anyone that wasn't supportive.