Reviews: what they mean to others

I'm curious, is a gentlemen having lots of reviews a good thing or a bad thing. Does that have an impact on a potential providers opinion of him? What I mean is if I want to see sally sue and I have no reviews but 2 references, is she more likely to see me than if I have 4-5 reviews of ladies on top of 2 references?

And on the note of reviews, should they always be done?
Having lots of reviews is neither good nor bad; having a few recent reviews is better than not having any. It lets her know who to contact for screening without you providing them, thus getting the real scoop on you.

Most Providers will not see you with out a couple of them vouching for you. There are some who will see newbies; post a thread in the Requests & ISO section here and you'll get responses. Tell them you're new and you want to get started, lol.

This board is about sharing info and the best, most effective way for all us guys is posting an honest review of your experience with her. A good review of her helps her business as well and she will appreciate it, although there are some girls who don't want or need reviews. Hope this helps and welcome to the world of Sport Fucking.
Having a LOT of reviews would mean that a guy either reviews every provider he sees, which is not a bad thing or he writes at least several fake reviews, especially of the ladies that cannot verify or deny he saw them, which is a bad thing for hobbyists. Looking at a provider's perspective, if the reviews are all of different providers, then she would think all she would be is another number in his review count and not a regular, which most providers are wanting to establish repeat clients. As long as you do have at least 2 reputable provider references and a p411 account, then a provider is more likely to set with you, but if you are a new client and a repeat client wants the same time slot as you, then she will be more apt to schedule the regular and put you off for another time.

It should be your choice on doing reviews and who you wish to review and not review, do not let anyone influence you to do something you do not want to do. Some guys, such as the one who posted above me, who thinks that posting reviews is the only way to share intel with others, will say that because you have no reviews, then your opinion or intel on hobby subjects are worthless and do not matter, even if they may share your opinion. Just do what you want to do and most of all, have fun!
I think you should post reviews each time.. normally. if a provider is constantly reviewed, with many recent reviews, you can skip. the most important reviews are for the provider who has not been reviewed yet, or for those whose last review was not recent.

a review can take a different form and be equally useful... a Men's Lounge discussion, for example
I have no reviews here. Nor do I intend to do any. However, I use P411 for my bookings and have never had a problem seeing who I want to see. Even before I joined ECCIE.

There may indeed be a few ladies who do not want to see guys with a lot of reviews. But most will make an exception to see Ben and his brothers.

I do agree with Prolongus that honest reviews are a very effective way to package information for the rest of the guys. But I don't remember him saying its the only way or that other information is worthless.. I think he was just talking about you NearHauteRed.
I have no reviews here. Nor do I intend to do any. However, I use P411 for my bookings and have never had a problem seeing who I want to see. Even before I joined ECCIE.

There may indeed be a few ladies who do not want to see guys with a lot of reviews. But most will make an exception to see Ben and his brothers.

I do agree with Prolongus that honest reviews are a very effective way to package information for the rest of the guys. But I don't remember him saying its the only way or that other information is worthless.. I think he was just talking about you NearHauteRed. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
I do the same as you and continue to see providers off of p411, I have 50+ oks, and you are right, OldButStillGoing, that was another vet of this board, who said that he has no respect, nor does he have use for, whatever that means, for people who do not write reviews (or the number of reviews he thinks that should have been written for the time a member has been on the board), for they know nothing about the hobby and most definitely could not provide intel or have a valid opinion on anything hobby related. Prolongus just has an issue with me and anything I say as this would indicate on pages 2 and 3 of this thread, http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=876242&page=2 I did nothing to him and he just threw a temper tantrum like a baby, I think because my opinion was different than his on the subject, or he just wanted to disagree with me in general.

As for the OP, even though you might want to help a provider by doing a review to get her name out there for others, and it does help guys that can read the reviews to get a feeling for a session with her, there are multiple other ways for a provider to advertise themselves other than session reviews. Many providers on p411 do not have links to reviews posted on their profile and I am pretty sure they are not hurting for business. If a provider favors a hobbyist based only on the number of reviews he has written, then you might want to think again about seeing that particular provider.
What's a review?

I've noticed that as I get more reviews I'm not being asked for references most times, which I don't have a problem doing, but it does save me time. Regarding reviews and what I do, I typically write one review per girl unless I'm asked. I guess if my second or third experiences with the same girl were significantly different, then maybe I would do another one then also.
I was thinking of doing that Looking, just was curious was people's opinions of reviews were in regards to number written. Why would someone write a fake review? Sure, provider asked, or it is providers friend, but other than that what purpose would it serve?

Red, you make some excellent points, especially about veing repeat and all. Thanks for the tips, I am definitely still in search of an ATF in dallas.

Is p411 worth having? Is it terribly invasive to set up? Ive only had trouble once booking a provider, and I think it was miscommunication between provider and reference then anything.

For any providers reading, is it annoying or....pain in the ass if a guy asks you to be a referral? Is it a pain, a chore of the job, or something that you have to do because karma is watching and she can be a bitch?

Is p411 worth having? Is it terribly invasive to set up? Ive only had trouble once booking a provider, and I think it was miscommunication between provider and reference then anything.
Originally Posted by papaoscar
p411 is the BEST resource to have.
www.preferred411.com and it will tell you how to sign up. They may still be running that 6 month free if you have 2 providers on there who will vouch for you. Having a P411 profile in good standing is the best thing to have for a provider to screen you with. Speaking of the profile, you get to fill yours out and if you like, tell providers what you like and what you want out of a session, saving trouble for the provider of having to look at the number of reviews you have posted or verifying the references you provide, she can just look at your okays from other providers and she does not have to read your mind to know what you are looking for in a session, while weeding out the providers you are not going to be compatible with.
p411 is the BEST resource to have. Originally Posted by Sleepy363
It definitely is and there is a selection of girls there that you would never hear about because some of them don't belong to ECCIE.

Also, there are girls that will not see you unless you are a P411 member. A few girls who belong here and P411 will give discounts to you for being a P411 member, discounts you would not get here.
  • L.A.
  • 11-06-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm curious, is a gentlemen having lots of reviews a good thing or a bad thing. Does that have an impact on a potential providers opinion of him? What I mean is if I want to see sally sue and I have no reviews but 2 references, is she more likely to see me than if I have 4-5 reviews of ladies on top of 2 references?

And on the note of reviews, should they always be done? Originally Posted by papaoscar
I posted this on another thread but it seems pretty relevant to this one:

I write reviews now for the following reasons.

1. I want PA and don't want to pay for it. PA helps me in making hobby decisions.
2. I like to provide a quality review that helps the members make informed decisions on whom to spend their time and money. My reviews don't just list a bunch of acronyms. I try to talk about screening, TCB skills, incall conditions, etc.
3. It helps out the provider. Some providers use this and P411 as their main source of advertising. If I have a good session with somebody that I like, I feel it's appropriate to write that review.
4. Reviews help with the hobby checks and balances. Hopefully I'll say this in a non offensive way as that's how it's intended. I feel like if I contact somebody thru this site and they see that I'm an active reviewer then they know I'll likely write a review. Providers don't want to receive a bad review any more than I want to write one. It can really work out great for both parties (in theory anyway...didn't hold true for a recent experience).
5. Reviews can give hobby credibility. I'm active, I've seen providers, it's easy enough for another provider to verify that I've seen who I say I've seen. It can help with their screening and it helps me when I'm trying to setup an appointment. If I have a question for another member, I think the fact I've done plenty of reviews will put them as ease and they may be more willing to share information.
Oh, I know what it is. Ive been lurking around for a year or two, seeing chicks every now and then and avoiding the digital trail as best I could. Finally said fuck it. I have so far managed without one and seen almost everyone I've wanted lol.
It is good to get other views and opinions on hobby related subjects like this one, which has been kinda been beaten to death about doing or not doing reviews. My feeling is if you do not do reviews for whatever your reasoning is, then so be it, there should be no one to fault you or tell you that you should because if you do not, they call you a name or say you are not worthy of being on the board. If you do reviews, that is also great, guys appreciate it as well as the providers (unless it is a bad review) but the caveat is this: If your stance on writing reviews is so staunch, then every provider you see should be in your number of reviews, if not, then when you comment on how a particular provider was with you in a session, and there is no review of her in you review count, then the other supporters of always writing reviews question would/should be, "how do you know or expect anyone to value your intel on her if there is no review of her by you?", and if you did a session and did not review, that makes you a hypocrite in your own rationale on review writing!