anyone tried Ginseng ?

Anyone tried taking Ginseng to improve performance ? I started taking it 3 days before my last appt and didn't really notice that big of a difference. I don't know if it didn't have enough time to build up in my system or whether it's affects are over rated. It's supposed to give you an increase in energy as well as improve circulation. I really didn't even notice an increase in energy either. The dosage was 1 or 2 tablets daily. I took 2 tablets the second day and felt a little wierd so I went back down to one the next day. I felt hot and lost my appetite. I was just looking for a boost to help recover from 1st pop a bit quicker. Sometimes it takes only 15 min or so, but other times over an hour. I usually book long sessions so it's not a huge issue, but the variance gets on my nerves sometimes.
Anyone tried taking Ginseng to improve performance ? I started taking it 3 days before my last appt and didn't really notice that big of a difference. I don't know if it didn't have enough time to build up in my system or whether it's affects are over rated. It's supposed to give you an increase in energy as well as improve circulation. I really didn't even notice an increase in energy either. The dosage was 1 or 2 tablets daily. I took 2 tablets the second day and felt a little wierd so I went back down to one the next day. I felt hot and lost my appetite. I was just looking for a boost to help recover from 1st pop a bit quicker. Sometimes it takes only 15 min or so, but other times over an hour. I usually book long sessions so it's not a huge issue, but the variance gets on my nerves sometimes. Originally Posted by CarolinaGent
A lot of it is hype and the placebo effect. Plus there are various types of ginseng and active ingredients vary from one product to another so a lot of variables to take into account in assessing results.
Here is a link to a study (with two over the counter supplements) where improved perfromance was better erectile functioning - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12851125

Not sue if this would help with decreasing post ejaculation recovery?