cell phone for christmas.. suggestions?

kinda late I guess.

i'm looking to get boost mobile cell for my mom. I'm getting one too.

the zte n861 warp sequent phone I have is not working right. makes transmission every hour instead of immediately if I text message. it won't pick up if I make a call. I used that stupid thing for 3 months in 2013. wah!!!!!

suggestions welcome.

these phones are at least 6" in length. some are 6" in screen size.

I've narrowed down to some of them.

https://www.boostmobile.com/phones?f...ortBy=featured

here's the link.

moto g⁶ play
https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/moto-g6-play.html

Samsung J7 Refine
https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/s...j7-refine.html

LG Stylo 4
https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/lg-stylo-4.html

Samsung Galaxy A20
https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/s...alaxy-a20.html
I've been a Samsung Android smartphone person for a long time. I've bought Notes and Galaxys for my family through mainly Cellular Country and added them on my carrier. Am I a few generations behind? Yes but other than the camera quality who cares?

This way I don't have to pay $30-60 a month on insurance and still have to pay $100 to replace a phone. I can replace the entire phone by buying a quality used one from $100-$200. 4 fairly responsible people on my plan, this works out well. Believe it or not my wife can replace screens and other pieces on the phone.
I've been a Samsung Android smartphone person for a long time. I've bought Notes and Galaxys for my family through mainly Cellular Country and added them on my carrier. Am I a few generations behind? Yes but other than the camera quality who cares?

This way I don't have to pay $30-60 a month on insurance and still have to pay $100 to replace a phone. I can replace the entire phone by buying a quality used one from $100-$200. 4 fairly responsible people on my plan, this works out well. Believe it or not my wife can replace screens and other pieces on the phone. Originally Posted by gnadfly

just curious. do you get the same phone type or different ones for your family?

I've had 2 motorola clam shell phones (startac & e816) prior to the zte and the current LG rebel clam shell phone.

I miss using the startac as voice phone. can't use it in the current network. e816 worked most of the time as a voice phone.
Other than an LG, the last 5 phones I've bought have been Notes or Galaxys. I think I have 3 Galaxy 7s and one Note 4 on my plan now.

The only reason I'd have a clamshell would be for a burner but like I've written before, the problem is one carries a trackable phone with them too much.
theres a kyocera clamshell that sells for 260. what did they put in there that's cost so much money!!! lol
It's probably some "mil spec" model that'll withstand an IED going off 10 ft by it. My stepson wanted a mil spec laptop for graduation. Of course his mother promised him it until I showed her the price: 4 grand. She bought him a silvery Toshiba laptop for $500. Stupid bitch.
On my father's 55th birthday I gifted him Samsung Galaxy A50. He just loved this gift. I bought it from Ritecoupons. The configuration, screen size, battery timing is fabulous. If you are still confused regarding to select a perfect cellphone, I suggest you to check Samsung Galaxy A50.
thanx for the tips.

i also found out that the newer model of cell phones made today, well, its impossible to remove the battery.

its at least most phones under $50 that have removable batteries. over $60 tend to be phones that do not have removable batteries.

apparently the manufacturers are following apple's iphone model of non-removable batteries. claims that its easier to design a phone with a battery thats not removable.
Buy one that's rechargeable
Last year on Christmas I purchase iPhone X for my wife and Samsung Note 9 for my sister from Saveucoupons on Christmas sale. Still, they are offering different Coupons & Deals discount. You can avail this discount offer.
I'll let you guys debate equipment but I personally recommend the following companies:

Puretalkusa.com- They use the Verizon network and have U.S. support

Page Plus cellular - They use the Verizon network. I don't recall where their support is from

Consumer Cellular - The use AT&T's network

I have used Tracfone and their support is awful. I can't recall which network they use.

I buy my phone equipment on Ebay, carrier unlocked preferred
I'll let you guys debate equipment but I personally recommend the following companies:

Puretalkusa.com- They use the Verizon network and have U.S. support

Page Plus cellular - They use the Verizon network. I don't recall where their support is from

Consumer Cellular - The use AT&T's network

I have used Tracfone and their support is awful. I can't recall which network they use.

I buy my phone equipment on Ebay, carrier unlocked preferred Originally Posted by orallvr69

tracfone. sprint network.
Buy one that's rechargeable Originally Posted by matchingmole

thats..... very insightful of you MM.