Half hour and full hour rates that don't add up

Recently I had a brief text exchange with a provider. Her advertisement was rather vague, but instructed that I should text for details. So I did so. First thing she asked was how long, so I asked for 30 and 60 minute rates.

She responded with 150h/h and 350h. As well with stating an incall location which was a somewhat close, but still different, than her original advertised one.

The discrepancy in location was not my issue really. Yes, the second place was in a crappier area. But I can understand why a provider would want to be a bit vague in their location for their security. I get that.

The issue I have is math. Why would the hour be more than just a half hour?

Although tempted to text again ask for details about this, I just responded with a thanks for her time and left it at that. In my past experience, I have had a negative encounter with a provider with this simple math issue. There are three instances which come to mind. Details of those are not important now, as I would rather talk about the hourly math subject than cast stones at providers of yesteryear.

My thought being that an hour appointment would potentially be MSOG, or perhaps true GFE. But I have a hard time fathoming why it would be priced more than two half hour appointments.

Am I the only one who views this as a Red Flag? Now, I use it like those who advertise wItH a brOKen CApS LoCK... just move on and keep looking.

If there are any providers here with logic and reasoning behind why the hour price should be more, please do tell. Is it really more work for those extra 30 minutes?
Perhaps you should have followed your temptation and asked her.

You were communicating by text, could it be she typed 350 by mistake?
She may have meant 250 which is within the norm.

just an opinion
Ask her for back-to-back half hour sessions...problem solved.
That is a good point clouddancer, and I would expect $250 to be in the norm. But below is a cut and paste directly from the providers ECCIE ad this month:

100-special
150-hh
200-fullhr

It could very well be a mistake. Still, I don't think so.
Ask her for back-to-back half hour sessions...problem solved. Originally Posted by Prolongus
That is the core of what I, and I think most other men here, would think.

Why is this not always the standard and base logic in pricing?
this ad

1/2 hr 300
fh 200
overnight 120
cim/greek subtract $50

That is the core of what I, and I think most other men here, would think.

Why is this not always the standard and base logic in pricing? Originally Posted by Agamemnon
Well, hos are 'usually' not hos because they excelled in mathematics.
I have seen this many times. At one point I even pointed it out to a couple of ladies. Most were nice about it and a couple said it was their business and they would run it as they saw fit.

Of course in every instance but one they then adjusted their rates.

The only exception was a lady who said she did it on purpose because she didn't like sessions longer than 30 minutes because it was easy to say there was no expectation of multiple pops.

Now I would just ask for 2 consecutive half hour sessions.
BJ - love it!

Yeah I was gonna say what FWP said, maybe she prefers quantity over quality and would rather get you in & out than to relax & pamper you. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Hey, maybe the extra 50 was going to go towards a math tutor? lol
"why the hour price should be more, please do tell. Is it really more work for those extra 30 minutes?"

Are you actually saying that 30 min and 60 should be the same? or am I just reading into a typo?
I'm guessing here, but I think he meant why should the 60 minute rate be more than double the 30 minute rate.
Cut the girl some slack! Maybe she talks non-stop for the first half hour then gets down to some awesome nitty gritty freaky action the second half. That would explain everything!!
I ran across this surfing ECCIE this weekend, a provide had a $250 hour rate and $600 for two hours and more than triple for 3 hours. I just thought it curious. The obvious solution is to book multiple sessions at the lower rate. If it is as BJ says, that may mess with the provider's mind, she may not be able to do the math. I love BJ posts when she is in her funny mode of operation.
"why the hour price should be more, please do tell. Is it really more work for those extra 30 minutes?"

Are you actually saying that 30 min and 60 should be the same? or am I just reading into a typo? Originally Posted by Alecia

I really was not clear there. Sorry.

Phrased better, I would ask what happens in those later, higher priced, last 30 minutes of my 60 minute session? Compared to the lower priced 30 minute session. One would think it would be just double the 30 minute price.

Whether 30 minutes and 60 minutes are "the same" or not, ultimately comes down to the skill and ability of the lady. And those talents (or lack thereof) are not totally about sex. I know that. Most others here do to, I imagine.

What I am wondering is... for those who have booked from providers with fuzzy math have had more good, or bad times. Is it a sign to walk away, or not to bother with contacting in the first place? I've learned yes. I'm curious if others have concluded the same.
Why does it have to add up? Answer = it doesn't.

Remember that thread a few months back in which lots of guys said they expected to hump away for 59.5 or more minutes during an hour long session? There was discussion how that can create a lot of soreness for some women that lasts beyond the appointment. Maybe her rates are a result of guys who insist on sessions like that. Just a thought.

Think of it like exercise. For the average person, it's a lot more than twice as hard to run for 30 minutes than it is to run for 15 minutes, so it could make sense that you would pay them more than twice as much to do it.

On the other hand, many providers must have many clients who are one-pop wonders no matter how long the session is. In that case, they exert themselves about the same amount whether or not it's a 30 or 60 minutes session so why not attract more clients by offering a better rate (per minute) for 60 minutes versus 30?

I have no idea if any of this relates to this providers policy, just throwing in some food for thought.

L4L