On or Off the Clock?

Hobby friends of both genders, I need your points of view. I will describe this scenario with the best combination i can of accuracy, fairness, and brevity:

an app't is made. incall, donation stated in the provider's post
both parties show up on time; all goes well
the action is over, conversation has begun
client notes that the agree upon time is just about up and asks "should i be getting out of your way now? - time is up"
provider says, "no I am not in any hurry - i have nothing else scheduled"
the talk continues
client leaves 20 minutes after time was up. no more action though
two weeks go by, pleasant texting between the two

THEN, provider texts to client that she was stiffed because there was over time with no tip and nothing extra at all for the 20 minutes.

Was that 20 minutes on or off the clock?

Opinions please.
If she told you to stay, its on her. If you stayed without any words being exchanged about the time, its on you and you should compensate her for the time.

I have guys who want to stay longer and talk, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. If I can, I'll chat for a few minutes and won't ask for anymore because I'm aware of what I'm doing and I'm not going to charge someone extra or expect a tip just for chatting over the time he had paid for.

The opinions I give would be the same no matter who the client or provider is and my opinions are based off of what you wrote.
thanks to both responders. to clarify, Elena, it was not either that she told me to stay or that i stayed with no words being exchanged about it. Kinda in the middle --- I said "time's up. should i be getting gone and out of your way?" She replied, "no, I am not in a hurry - nothing else scheduled". So she didnt tell me or invite me to stay, but she gave permission.
  • cpa2b
  • 01-24-2012, 09:19 AM
In my opinion, if you exchanged text for a couple of weeks without this comming up sooner, she must have ran into some money problems that backed her into a corner and changed her mind about the "extra time". I think you both did everything correctly and the issue should never have come up.
If she told you to stay, its on her. If you stayed without any words being exchanged about the time, its on you and you should compensate her for the time. Originally Posted by MsElena
I disagree with the second part of Elena's statement. As the women always tell us "once we pay, they are in charge of what happens." It's her business, the guy is the customer, so it's her job to control the time. I know guys will piss and moan about "clock watching" but it is still her responsibility. Good providers manage the time without it being a problem. If she had tried to get you to leave and you wouldn't then you would owe the money.
Words WERE exchanged. You properly said "Should I leave?" She said "No, that's OK". If she expected something for it, her response should have been "You are welcome to stay, but I will have to charge you for the additional time."

IMHO, you are completely in the clear. Her actions would turn me off on this provider.
If she said those words Catlore, then its on her and she needs to be told that. If she is in fact telling you that you shorted her, she'll tell others that you shorted her too.

You need to inform all of who she is so that she doesn't pull this on another in the future.

Omahan, you would correct and I am wrong. It is the ladies responsibility to let the guys know when time is just about up if things haven't wrapped up by then. You're also correct in saying that guys will bitch about clock watching, but as I say......you can't have your cake and eat it too.
That was off the clock, hell she basically invited you to stay. You don't owe her anything else. I would not see her again if she pulled that on me.
I recently had a similar situation, hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. I picked up provider and brought her back to my place. Before I picked her up she indicated an earlier appointment was better since she had dinner plans. As we were getting dressed to take her back to her place she asked me what my plans were. I said finding a place for dinner and she replied she was going to do the same since her friend backed out. I offered to take her out to dinner and she accepted. I did not pay her rate but did buy dinner. Nothing was said at end of night and we texted some since. Am I in the wrong?
I recently had a similar situation, hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. I picked up provider and brought her back to my place. Before I picked her up she indicated an earlier appointment was better since she had dinner plans. As we were getting dressed to take her back to her place she asked me what my plans were. I said finding a place for dinner and she replied she was going to do the same since her friend backed out. I offered to take her out to dinner and she accepted. I did not pay her rate but did buy dinner. Nothing was said at end of night and we texted some since. Am I in the wrong? Originally Posted by jjchmiel78
OK, let's try a little role reversal..... you paid her for her time, now you are taking her out to dinner....perhaps you should charge for YOUR time since you are now wining and dining and putting on your game face. OK, it will never fly, but one can dream..... LOL!
It is ABSOLUTELY on her regardless of the semantics of who said / did what - or didn't . . . She controls the time. Period.

IT IS COMPLETELY HER RESPONSIBILITY, AND THAT 20 MINUTES WAS FEE FREE.

What a crock of SHIT.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Definitely off the clock.

I've never quite had that experience with a provider, but have had it with a dancer/stripper or two.

When you go to a strip club, you go for the view and pay for the time of private dances. There can be times when you are sitting and talking with a dancer with nothing implied. Might lead to a private dance, might not. No harm, no foul.

Now as far as having a lunch or dinner outside of the club, that's only going to happen, of course, if you are communicating outside the club. So if you have each other's phone numbers that's unique and not something that's going to happen often. Obviously there's trust involved in just that.

The very few times I've had a meeting outside of a strip club for a meal it was "off the clock". No prior discussion about it, just both sides going into it with that understanding.
I dont see why she brought it up weeks later... way after the fact. I think you did the right thing by asking and not ASSUMING it was okay to stay and chat. She made her choice in saying it was okay. Im sure if she said " I wish I could chat for a few but..." You would have been a gentlemen about it. Maybe she was weirded out if she thought "Well I did it once, maybe thats what he will expect everytime or what if tells others and then they expect the same thing too." Chicks are weird like that LOL