Maybe coming to town...

Can we establish a rule to prevent "I'm considering coming to town..." type of ads outside of the Providers Ad forum?

If they're new and considering joining I don't mind a one time "How do I join?" question in the Welcome section.

If they're verified, they should be posting in provider ads, even if it's a "fishing for interest" type of ad.

Thanks!
I don't those type of posts should be in the provider ads section. No offense to you guys, but most of you don't read the whole post and just call/PM/text/email to start setting up appointments, asking for more pictures, asking about rates, etc.

If anything, having those type of posts in the ads section is going to piss off more guys because they're not true (I.E., I'm in town and ready to see you all) ads.

What's wrong with a provider making that type of post in the welcome/co-ed area?

PS. If someone is posting that means they've already joined, so no need for the "How do I join?" post.
When I wrote "join", I meant "become a Verified Provider".

My understanding is that the Welcome forum is for new members, not thinly-veiled marketing ads. That understanding is based on the forum description:

This local-based forum has been designated as a place to introduce yourself to the community, and to welcome new members, both male and female. Feel free to let us know about yourself here. (New Ladies: You may post your info here during your first week of membership, but please contact the local staff to request Verified Provider status. Once verified, you will be enabled to post in the proper advertising forums, build your Showcase, and access the ladies-only areas of the board)
Advertising vs. discussion posts by providers is a gray area. It can be "I'm coming to town," replying to ISOs with something like "I do that" or just flirting in discussion threads. If we apply the advertising rules too literally ECCIE will become a restrictive environment with very little coed interaction. If we apply the rules too loosely it will be like Dodge City in the 1870s. We try our best to apply judgment and keep ECCIE a nice site for everyone. The provider advertising rules that are already in place would give us all the authority we need to stop the posts about upcoming or possible visits. We're hesitant to squash them as we feel they are generally valuable to everyone.
Where is the best place for them?
Oh I don't know. I can see why this one - http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=36154 - went into Welcome Wagon. She was sort of introducing herself to the KC community. If she were not a first time visitor I would say it would be better in Coed Discussions. It is not always clear - even to moderators.
I understand there's a fine line, but I see nothing wrong with a lady "throwing out a line to see what bites" especially if she's travelling a fair distance. Some ladies only advertise on ECCIE, so if she doesn't throw a post up to say hello or if there's an interest in her visiting, she could be losing money. It could also be seen as unwelcoming to touring ladies looking for new places to visit.

It could be placed in either co-ed or welcome wagon. I remember posting in co-ed on aspd, doing the same thing. Numerous ladies have done the same thing and no one ever complained.

Be thankful someone's posting cause the KC forum is pretty dead.

I would think that the gents looking in the ads section are looking for who is available, not who is thinking about coming to town. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can reply to a "is there any interest" ad in the Provider's ad section, whereas a conversation can be held in the Co-Ed discussion about the merits, places to stay, and interest within a particular area.

It's not like "is there any interest" ads are flooding the Co-Ed discussions and I would not want to travel without knowing the interest levels.
Why can't we just ad another forum section for "Visiting Inquiries"???
Maybe, two of them???
One, for at minimum, 2 weeks, in advance???
Another, for at minimum, 1 month, in advance???
Be thankful someone's posting cause the KC forum is pretty dead. Originally Posted by MsElena
ECCIE is more active than ERAPS in KC.

And far more active than HOME2 in KC.
Can we establish a rule to prevent "I'm considering coming to town..." type of ads outside of the Providers Ad forum? Originally Posted by BiggestBest
Wouldn't it be easier if you didn't read them? Many of us are already booked, and simply need information about the city that we plan to visit.
Asking for info on the town, where to stay, what to see, etc. is no problem at all.

I would just prefer if the ones that say "I'm thinking about coming ... do you think I should?" could be in a forum that I can easily ignore. I don't know why they bother me more than the others, but they do.

I'd like to get on the Internet with no pop-up ads or Google ads too, but it's just a part of life and I need to get over it.
I'd like to get on the Internet with no pop-up ads or Google ads too, but it's just a part of life and I need to get over it. Originally Posted by BiggestBest
Good advice for you to follow, get over it. This is a complete "WC", meaning who cares.
Can we establish a rule to prevent "I'm considering coming to town..." type of ads outside of the Providers Ad forum?

If they're new and considering joining I don't mind a one time "How do I join?" question in the Welcome section.

If they're verified, they should be posting in provider ads, even if it's a "fishing for interest" type of ad.

Thanks! Originally Posted by BiggestBest
I have to agree with BB on this one. Seems like there should be some guidelines. How about a show of hands? I know that will not set policy, that is an administrative option only.
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=36661

I would think that the gents looking in the ads section are looking for who is available, not who is thinking about coming to town. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can reply to a "is there any interest" ad in the Provider's ad section, whereas a conversation can be held in the Co-Ed discussion about the merits, places to stay, and interest within a particular area.

It's not like "is there any interest" ads are flooding the Co-Ed discussions and I would not want to travel without knowing the interest levels. Originally Posted by TxBrandy
I agree....what's the harm? I think co-ed is fine for inquiring. I personally like to see who's interested in visiting our fair city. ( Brazil???) LOL.....Do we want to do anything that makes that harder?