Tattoo Parlors? =D

• PeAcH
  • 06-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I sure seem to have a lot of questions lately, but I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations on Tattoo parlors here in Austin. I've been looking at places online, but any actual personal experience from any nice parlors here would be much appreciated.

I'm not a native to Austin, so I haven't actually experienced all that Austin has to offer. I'm a born and raised Southern California gal.

I've heard about Atomic Tattoo, True Blue, Platinum Ink, etc..

I'm going to be getting my first tattoo ever, and yes I have thought long and hard about it, which is why I haven't gotten any yet. I'm wondering where the best service is from and quality of art, and cleanliness of the tools used.

I'm actually going to be going with my mother, who has two full sleeves and rides a Harley! She wants to take me for my first tattoo.

Those who have met me know I have a unique style, my piercings, and I have my mother to thank for that.

I only have one tattoo, but I shopped extensively before I took the plunge with an artist/shop and a design. Since it's been years, I do not know offhand where to refer you. But, I think you should check out some individual shops you are interested in, and look at their art books. ~Ask, do they specialize in gray work or color work, fine-line, etc? Take your time finding the right place and make price your secondary consideration.

best wishes,
Crystal
  • 06-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm getting my first tat, a sternal portrait, on the 30th. I asked around a lot about who did good photo work and Eric Anderson's name kept coming up. He's at Southside Tattoo. Wait until next month and I'll give a first-hand review of his work, this pic on my chest.
[IMG]file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
I've heard about, and seen nothing but excellent work by the artists at True Blue. National award winners. Also for piercing.
  • PeAcH
  • 06-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks everyone, and CFH, I was actually thinking of getting my Labret done while I got my tattoo also. I will definitely stop by em all if I can.
Perfection Tattoo
if your in Austin - Chris Trevino
San Antonio - Shawn Degan
Best tattoo artist in Austin is Karen Slafter. Consistently won the Chronicle award and does amazing work. I have friends that have done tattoos with her and have been very pleased. (http://www.kali1313.com/home.html)

I do like tattoos - I find it very interesting talking to people about the meaning behind their tattoos. I'm very close to getting my first but I have not been able to pull the trigger yet. Schlitterbahn is always full of a lot of interesting art. One guy was in the process of turning his entire torso into a Bengal tiger. He has all the black stripes done on his arms and torso and was in the process of filling in the rest of the area with orange. He was pretty muscular so I passed on striking up a conversation on the meaning :-)
Best tattoo artist in Austin is Karen Slafter. Consistently won the Chronicle award and does amazing work. I have friends that have done tattoos with her and have been very pleased. (http://www.kali1313.com/home.html)

I do like tattoos - I find it very interesting talking to people about the meaning behind their tattoos. I'm very close to getting my first but I have not been able to pull the trigger yet. Schlitterbahn is always full of a lot of interesting art. One guy was in the process of turning his entire torso into a Bengal tiger. He has all the black stripes done on his arms and torso and was in the process of filling in the rest of the area with orange. He was pretty muscular so I passed on striking up a conversation on the meaning :-) Originally Posted by gr8fultx
I can't wait to see what this guy looks like when he's 80 years old!!